where to get a free low poly scene in .3ds or .max format?

Started by
3 comments, last by HexDump 19 years, 11 months ago
Hello, I need a real scene (real means, not a scene with 4 cubes and 4 spheres made by a programmer). It must be low poly and I would prefer some sort of space station. If anybody has come across any could point me to the file?. Note: it must be free. Thnaks in advance, HexDump.
Advertisement
That''s not specific and its too bold. Anyone who wanted to give you their precious space station scene would want to know why you won''t make one yourself and what it''s for. So, if you want a better chance of getting one, you have 60 seconds to prove to us why you need it.....GO!

Stay Clausal,

Red Sodium
"Learn as though you would never be able to master it,
hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it" - Confucius
Have you tried 3dcafe ( http://www.3dcafe.com )

I''m not sure what are your needs in term of "free" ( free as in "no royalties no matter what" or only free as in "I need a model for testing purposes" ) but you can check out the usage policy.

Gizz

simply.... I´m not a gfx man, and I wnat to tetst my engine know, that''s all, and I´m not anygood with 3dstudio max and don´t know the limitations in doing a little map for a game. I only want to fly around.

HexDump.
May I suggest procedural geometry then? A few rings, tubes and planes and you have a simple space station

If you're serious about 3d game programming, it is very advantageous to know at least one modeling program (be it Blender, Max, Maya, Lightwave, XSI or something entirely different) so that you can appreciate the artist's work and integrate the art production to the game much more tightly. You'll know the limits and capabilities of the artists better.

I do both modeling and programming professionally - I highly recommend learning both crafts, even if it is for only hobby purposes.

Kind rgds,
-Nik

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice you specifically turned down procedural geometry

[edited by - Nik02 on May 20, 2004 8:54:20 AM]

Niko Suni

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement