Intermittent problem with scene transitions

Started by
1 comment, last by dmikesell 19 years, 11 months ago
My application is an animation of a planet using two different "cameras" (using gluLookAt) - one from up close, one from farther away. The cameras orbit the planet. Every 30 seconds I swap cameras. On *some* transitions from one camera to the other, I get a white "flash", probably one or two frames at most. Not every time, though - maybe one in ten transitions. My clear color is black and I'm rendering a starfield background using a skybox. Pseudocode of my main loop follows: LOOP glClear(color buffer, depth buffer) animate both cameras animate world render world glFlush SwapBuffers END LOOP The render routine uses the current camera. Most transitions are smooth, but with others I see the "flash". AFAICT, it's not predictable (like every 10th transition). Anyone seen anything like this before? I can post code or any more info if it will help. [edited by - dmikesell on May 20, 2004 10:16:13 PM]
Advertisement
Hard to say, really. Could be a multitude of things. Could we see the code?
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Yes, I can, but I''ll have to distill it a little. The project is more complex than I alluded to and the psuedocode snippet above is actually dispersed across different classes/files. I was hoping for an "Oh, you''re not doing XYZ" response from someone who had seen something similar.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement