DX 8 vs DX 9

Started by
13 comments, last by Reven 19 years, 11 months ago
quote:Original post by Reven
I have tutorials and eBooks on DirectX 8, but I have the DirectX 9 SDK. I cannot seem to find the DX8 SDK, and I cannot seem to find DX9 stuff...

quote:Original post by Superpig
the SDK supports all versions of DirectX up to and including DirectX 9.
As Jiia said, that doesn''t include the docs, but they''re in the ''extras'' section on the site IIRC.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
It''s seems like you don''t understand what DirectX is. You can''t create a game with ''just DirectX''. I see you want to develop RPGs, well then go buy ''Programming RPGs with DirectX (8.0)''. It has a chapter that covers Win32 Window creation and Direct3D basics.

Read the FAQ of this very forum, and you''ll discover a lot. The link is in my signature and on the top of this page.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- Google | Google for GameDev.net | GameDev.net''s DirectX FAQ. (not as cool as the Graphics and Theory FAQ)
Of course I know what DirectX is. I was thinking about using a programming language, not just the SDK. I''m not an idiot.
Do NOT ban me or punish me in any way, for asking dumb and `noobish'' questions. I can''t help it.
Uhm, I''m sorry, but there is *NO* difference, in terms of how you use them, between DX8 and DX9.

If anything, DX9 is easier since the D3DX library has been enhanced considerably.

---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.

It was the names I worried about...
Do NOT ban me or punish me in any way, for asking dumb and `noobish'' questions. I can''t help it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement