Help Jeff Out

Started by
14 comments, last by Steve132 19 years, 10 months ago
Hearing about all of Jeffs problems really makes me sad... I am sure that he spends a ridiculous amount of time updating and maintaining this excellent website which we all use and love... I know that I for one would not have been anywhere in programming if it wasn''t for Jeffs efforts.... Unlike other webmasters he actually seems to give a sh** about the community that he has created.. Every single email I have ever sent him was replied to the next day, even if it was something that was useless or unimportant.... He works to keep the contests going and deals with the probably hundreds of people who send him stuff every day, and still finds time to hold a FULL-TIME job! I guess the point I am trying to make is that when I hear that he has 2$ to his name, It makes me feel guilty as hell that we have taken so much and given back so little.. Anyway, all I know is that as soon as I can, I am gonna send him 20$... Its not much, but when you are a sophomore in high school with no income, its a pretty big deal. I think that maybe we should all think about it... -------------------------------------- It took me long enough, but now I am finally 16. Yay! Sorta funny, but I am probably the only person on earth who wrote a 3D driving game prior to actually driving .
Advertisement
I agree, however i am only 17 and i live in The Netherlands so making a donation would become pretty hard (or even impossible). Are there any people who have a solution to these problems? Jeff''s tutorials helped me a LOT and i''d like to help him back, he deserves it.
You can use paypal, the make a donation on te main site links directly to it.
You can bet when I get my first credit card in a few months, my first usage will be via that link
My fellow Americans I have just signed legislation that outlaws Russia forever. Bombing will commence in five minutes.
ANyone got an old computer, such as a 486, laying around they wouldn''t mind donating to Jeff? I''m pretty sure someone here does. Maybe offer it to be borrowed until he can get his computer fixed, upon which time he''ll return it to you. This would be very helpful, and I''m pretty sure Jeff will be thankful for your services.

"Donkey, if it were me, you''d be dead."
I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
I would donate, but as has been previously mentioned, no credit card. If anybody knows ANY way of getting money from an australian bank account into paypal, then please let me know
You guys are wicked kewl I think you guys are aware that Jeff''s computer is fryed (overheated the other day) and since he spends all his extra time on it I am sure you could imagine how happy he is right now (lol) So any donations (money or hardware) would be greatly appriecated

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the world"
well
im venezuelan
as probably most of you know, in venezuela you cant buy dollars
rigth now

but i will help as soon as i can

ive learned a lot thanks to nehe
Aquellos que crean que algo es imposible no deben ponerse en el camino de los que estan dispuestos a intentarlo.MEGANUKE
Well it strikes me that our words here are certainly touching that, given the proper circumstances, we would help NeHe out, but then again NeHe can''t live on good intentions
My fellow Americans I have just signed legislation that outlaws Russia forever. Bombing will commence in five minutes.
quote:Original post by uber_n00b
Well it strikes me that our words here are certainly touching that, given the proper circumstances, we would help NeHe out, but then again NeHe can''t live on good intentions

He can''t live on this site either, but he can get a little extra from it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement