Possible error in paintshop pro 8 ?

Started by
1 comment, last by Metal Typhoon 19 years, 11 months ago
i''ve been noticing that when i save a file as a tga file 24 bit uncompressed and try to open with nehe''s UNCOMPRESSED code.. it does not work, but his tga file opens fine. there''s something wrong with paintshop pro 8 that''s putting some bytes that were not supposed to be there ?? also that goes for compressed 24 bit tga saved in paintshop pro 8 . Thx in advance Metal Typhoon
Metal Typhoon
Advertisement
I believe I''ve seen other people with similar problem, so you should try top search the forum. If I''m not mistaken, the image that PSP8 writes is correct according to the TGA specification, it''s NeHe''s loader that is too simple to deal with some extra information written, and fails to load the image.

I suggest you download the TGA specification and modify NeHe''s/write a new loader to handle the header correct for all (or most) cases. Clicky.
quote:Original post by Brother Bob
I believe I''ve seen other people with similar problem, so you should try top search the forum. If I''m not mistaken, the image that PSP8 writes is correct according to the TGA specification, it''s NeHe''s loader that is too simple to deal with some extra information written, and fails to load the image.

I suggest you download the TGA specification and modify NeHe''s/write a new loader to handle the header correct for all (or most) cases. Clicky.

after a whole day of trying to figure out "what was wrong" i have decided to do that :D thx bro
Metal Typhoon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement