🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

this is very creepy

Started by
8 comments, last by SigwarthSoft 23 years, 10 months ago
I had a very stupid/weird "problem" with my visual c++ 6.0. Something was wrong, i founded a website from codewarrioru and the source on a website. Well the first very basic source i came across i copied and paste into the ms vc++...... Well, it was almost as basic as the hello world app, but it didnt compile... I got two errors, one was: cannot open predebugged/precompiled (cannot remember) test1.phc.... Well, the next thing is even more creepy. I decided to reinstall visual studio, and again tried to compile and build the code, same problem. So i wanted to wrote here (as i''m doing right now...) and i build it again..... it worked. I didnt change ANYTHING on my pc and it just worked.... Has anybody had this problem also? Whats the solution now, because i didnt changed anything...... HELP!
Advertisement
Sounds like you found a bug. What a surprise a bug in a MS app.

http://users.50megs.com/crazyvasey/
quote: Original post by crazy-vasey

Sounds like you found a bug. What a surprise a bug in a MS app.
lol

anyway, that''s how many of msvc''s problems are... they just come and go mysteriously

lntakitopi@aol.com - http://www.geocities.com/guanajam
A few times I have had a problem where it will say cannot open [whatever .exe file I'm trying to build]. No syntax errors. Then I'll make a whole new project and copy everything to a new directory and build it and it will be fine. Anyone eles have this problem? just curious

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake

"The road of excess also just ends up making me tired because I'm too lazy" --Nazrix

Edited by - Nazrix on August 19, 2000 9:21:24 AM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
The the precompiled headers file (pch) was created with another version of msvc. Somehow you deleted your old pch file or you did rebuild all. Rebuild all is the easiest way to fix this problem.

On a further note pch files are huge and should not be included to download since it is easier to just rebuild them.
For a good time hit Alt-F4! Go ahead try it, all the cool people are doing it.
nazrix: that usually happens when the exe its trying to write to is in use
Well, the exe part usually occurs if your program isn''t shutting down correctly. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete and see if its in the program list.

For the other problem, usually doing a full project rebuild solves the problem .

----------------------------------------
Who is this General Failure and why is he trying to read my hard disk?
Yeah, I''ll have to watch that next time if it happens.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Actually, the same type of thing happens to me sometimes. I compile something, and it gives me some strange error (I think a linker error, but I''m not positive). Then, 2 seconds later, without touching anything else, I try again and it works.

If you code it, they will come...

Commander M
(a.k.a. Crazy Yank)
http://commanderm.8m.com
cmndrm@commanderm.8m.com
precopiled headers? this is easy to see just go
project- settings- C/C++ and put precopiled headers in the menu. now you can change the PHs settings, i normaly put it on automatic

maybe when you build it from the 2nd time it rebuild the .pch
and becouse that it don´t give the error

hope this help

i´m was getting a lot of probs with this .pch stuff but i managed to fix, and in fact this thing is kinda cool

So. i was there in the middle of a lot of witches and mages, when she come to me:
-You are too young to be a mage.
-No, i´m not a mage, i´m a programmer.
-How! Sorry... what a bad luck.
-Yeah... Don´t even talk about it...

Edited by - The Alchemist on August 19, 2000 9:27:13 PM
"Everything works out in the end, if it doesn't then it is not the end"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement