Bug Reports

Started by
18 comments, last by Myopic Rhino 19 years, 11 months ago
Who do I send them to?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
Advertisement
I guess I''m probably the best person to send them to at the moment.
Or just post them here (unless they''re security holes/exploits) and one of us will take care of them.
Trying to check my post history gives a database error:
Replies by Fruny  Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14' Ambiguous column name 'Topic_ID'. /community/forums/lib/paging.asp, line 73

Also, on the Active Topics page, is there a way (beside editing the URL) to combine "View page 3" with "Sort by replies"... I'm kinda interested in the threads with no replies.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
I can't seem to duplicate that error on your account, Fruny. Anything special you did to trigger it?
Another little bug with the number of replies per page... if you turn up the number of visible replies per page to max, then try to access page 2 of a thread (probably applies to all pages I guess), then you see nothing.

mm, anyways, just trying to be constructive!

Cheers.

*Edit* Seems you fixed that one pretty damn quickly!! I'm impressed
Cheers,SteveLiquidigital Online
Actually, if you did what I think you did, it was a weird cache effect on your browser. I did that a couple of times when I was beta testing the forums.
Quote:Original post by SiCrane
I can't seem to duplicate that error on your account, Fruny. Anything special you did to trigger it?

No, I just adjusted the date fields. Though I have made a couple posts since, which may have changed things.

edit - Ok.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
It's possible to reply to threads in the Deleted threads forum.

EDIT: It's closed now.. I guess it auto closes them, hmm?
Posting with the thumbs down icon and thereafter editing your post brings up the staff icons, they don't appear in the post though, they just turn into the arrow..

Dunno if it's a bug or a feature..
Don't Temp Fate..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement