Contribute to my project : the Greatest Database about 3D cards Capabilities for D3D7

Started by
15 comments, last by TETRONICS 23 years, 8 months ago
For the ones who were disappointed by the design of HTML report, go to my site and discover the new version 1.1 !
I also add 3 cards from a friend, particularly the old ATI RAGE 2+.

I hope you don''t think all your PASSWORDS are hidden in the DAT file ! I think if this was the case, I didn''t take so much time to translate my site in two languages, or even to handle such a big project ! You know, I have worked many many hours last two days to improve the project...

But OGI, SQL, PHP are terms that appear as unknown to me as D3D enumeration method was when I downloaded for the first time DirectX SDK... Many weeks were necessary to understand it, and for now I have other purposes ( it is the end of holidays in France... ). So, Poltras, ( as I said in my e-mail, did you received it ? ) your help would be very useful. Thank you ! ( But... did you send me your 3D-card results ??? )

And remember, I will quit september,2nd for 2 weeks ( not to Brazil, Witchlord ;-), so mail me quickly new results to get soon a Huge database... or you will have to wait !

Thank you, Steven ( H., I suppose ;-) ).
I also wait for old 3D cards, like S3 or ATI RAGE PRO, because it is those cards that have compatibility issues with our new games...

( About potential error for maximum number of lights : the value returned is the greatest DWORD possible (111111111111...), so I think this means the card accepts any number of lights as you want... Tell me if I am wrong. )
Advertisement
Yep that''s me, I''ve got a QDI Advantage 1 card lying around here somewhere, if I can get it installed into a system I''ll send you the results. My father''s just bought a new PC I''ll find out the spec of his system and send it to you, you may have it already, if not there''s another one for you. Oh I wonder if he''s still got his old ATI Rage IIc...
When I find my code in tons of trouble,Friends and colleages come to me,Speaking words of wisdom:"Write in C."My Web Site
> ( not to Brazil, Witchlord ;-)

Phew, I was a bit worried there for a while

I checked out your new HTML design of the report and I must say that it is now very easy to read. Well done! With a little better colors it will be even better

I think I will re-send my card info as soon as I can.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Hey,

I have a really good server, SQL, PHP, CGI, Perl and virtually anything else I want adding. It''s a friend of mines computer. I could possibly host the site if wanted.

If any other services are needed it''ll probably take a couple of weeks, the admin is either always very busy or lazy. One of the two.

Regards,
David Stubbs
Regards,Dave
Wow tetronics

What an excellent idea and utility. Rest assured i will give you a link from my site.
The output is very readable and detailed i am very impressed at this superb idea.

www.mr-gamemaker.com

Best of luck with this, i will certainly spread the word
Is it Mr Gamemaker HIMSELF !?!
After Witchlord.com, I would be very proud to see a link to my page on your site, thanks...!

I''m glad too to know you find this readable and useful, although at the moment I didn''t add texture formats to the new design, that''s why I let old list on the site.
And remember DDCAPS structure ( from lpDirecDraw->GetCaps(&DDcaps,NULL) ) is in the .DAT format ( but NOT your internet passwords ! ), just not already used. If some members ( dwCaps,dwCaps2,... ) are interesting for you, I could add them ( but be sure because flag list is huge ! ). And when we know .DAT format, it is easy to reload a D3D structure, in the same state as it was a the moment of the test...
Today ( August,31st ) I''m working on the last enhancement to the project before I quit ( for two weeks, but I will come back ) : a tool that compare specified 3D Devices FROM TWO DIFFERENT CARDS, reporting on one side what is common to the both, and on the other what is particular to each of them.
At the moment, the tool works well and I could made Voodoo2 / Voodoo3 comparison ( And I see that I shouldn''t spend so much money to change my voodoo2 to a voodoo3 last year ;-)... ), and GeForce SDR Hardware / GeForce SDR Transform and Lighting. I also compared various Software devices, and as Poltras said in a previous post, they are nearly the same for a card to another.
Now, you can see the real power of the project ! Example : you get the .DAT file from your own card with cardinfos, you download GeForce or G400MAX Data file from the site, and with CARDMATCHER 1.0 ( NEW ! ;-) ) you see directly what makes the difference !
Sorry, but Cardmatcher will be available on the site only in the ( french ) evening, with some modifications in the site. I''ll warn you on the forum.

I hope this last tool will prove all the good it represents for you, so give me .DAT files, please ! ( none today, except Steven and his very interesting G400MAX... ).
Maybe I''m not very patient, but it is because I will leave in two days, then the site will sleep for 2 weeks...

( I think I won''t make a decision about changing the server that hosts me before my come-back... The project is very young, and the database very small. And above all I don''t know what features give me "my" server. I am at Club-Internet, I think it is the 2nd greatest Internet provider in France. I will try to get these infos.
Personnally, I''d prefer you to try to improve HTML report generation, because I think .DAT analisys would be more efficient. This data is even easy to download. )

Transfering....OK !
This marks the end of the first series of Great updates for my database project.
I made enough improvements these days to show the real potential of the idea, and now I can leave knowing I made good work...
Now, It is your turn, by the way I got some help propositions that appears very serious to me, from people that could I think bring many things to the project... Thanks for your support.

Now, check on my site the giants match of the day : GeForce 256 VS G400 MAX...!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement