*greets everyone*

Started by
0 comments, last by DekuTree64 23 years, 8 months ago
Hey, just thought I''d give a little intro here, unlike I usually do when first coming to a message board. I''m just your average programmer-in-training, and I''m just getting started learning DirectX, so I can''t do much yet. Of course, I''m impatient and doing what most people here are probably doing; trying to program a game engine. A 2D RPG engine, to be exact. Kinda like Secret of Mana (tile-based graphics, but with free movement) but with a turn-based battle system, which I''ve already most of the way coded with Verge (an RPG-maker similar to C++, but with the basic engine already done), but will probably rewrite most of, due to its general buggy/crappily-coded-ness^_^ So far I''ve barely done anything on the engine. Just initialize DirectDraw/Input, and partially defined the entity/map layer classes, which is probably something most of you could do in your sleep^^ Anyway, I''ll try to do as much as I can on my own and not ask too many questions, but knowing myself, I''ll probably be back here frequently spouting out problems anyway... Oh well. Hmm, this turned out to be a lot longer than just a "little intro"... -Deku-chan "I''m dropping like flies!" - me, playing Super Smash Bros. (and losing) "What fun!" - me, playing Super Smash Bros. (and beating the crap out of somebody)
Advertisement
well then, welcome

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement