Imperium - Rise of Rome

Started by
9 comments, last by Strategy 23 years, 7 months ago
Imperium - Rise of Rome game website (game is still under development). http://www.cs.auc.dk/~strategy/Imperium/

Michael A. - Software Engineer, moonlighting as a game developer
A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and Traders

Advertisement
Is this anything like Age of Empires??

==============================
"You don''t know the power of the Dark Side..."

- Darth Vader, Episode VI
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Not at all.

The game is more like one of the old Koei games: Ghengis Khan 2, Bandit Kings of China, or Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Slightly different strategic gameplay (less micro-management of obscure ressources, more politics and diplomacy) and a much more advanced tactical battle engine (something close to Sid Meier''s Gettysburg for Romans).

The strategic part of the game is well under way as we speak - the tactical battle engine may have to wait a bit, though I feel I have a good handle on how to do it and what is possible to achieve.

A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and Traders

Sounds like a nice game, shame I get a "Sorry, you are not allowed to see this page. " message when I try to view the site.
Try again - and use the reload/refresh button if the problem occurs again. There shouldn''t be any problems with accessing the webpage.

A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and Traders

Site works now
Hallo!
I think your game seems find. Keep it up and Good Luck!!

Daniel Westerstål
http://sigmaent.cjb.net
http://lookfast.cjb.net
Hello

Do you have any artist on the project? If you haven''t I maybe can be of help. I draw graphics in 2D, mainly in Photoshop.

/Magnus

Hej Magnus,

No, currently there''s only myself on the project (design + programming), one guy who vets all the historical information of the game and helps with the maps, and a few others who help out a little bit now and then with bits and pieces.

Currently, the game mainly consists of place-filler graphics, as I''ve chosen to concentrate on the game-engine first and foremost. Also - apart from the tactical battle engine, the game does not require "killer" graphics, though I plan to remedy this when the game itself is closer to completion.

Anyway - do send me an e-mail if you''re interested in helping: strategy@cs.auc.dk

Hilsen,

Michael

A Brief History of Rome
Pirates and Traders

Those are some great games to model yours after, and the setting is fantastic. A Gettysburg battle engine with turn based gameplay is very similar to the type of game I like to work on. I would help, but while I''m not bad at C++ in general, I havn''t used DirectX before (been using a higher level lib). I could probably help out with some other things like graphics, etc, but I don''t know if I''ll have much time to spare in the future anyway, so I''ll just say good luck!

===========================================
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

-Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement