Forum

Started by
8 comments, last by NeHe 23 years, 8 months ago
Hi Guys, Just wanted to say that I''m going to make an attempt to visit the forum more often. I''m usually so swamped with coding and email that I rarely make it here... seems you guys are doing a pretty damn impressive job of helping eachother out however, which is great! A few notes about common questions I''m asked: Q: I get errors while compiling: _main A: You didn''t build the project as a Win32 App. Rebuild it as a Win32 App and the problem will vanish. Q: I get flickering Pixels. A: Add glFlush() to the end of your code, this forces everything in the GL pipeline to be rendered, preventing flicker! Q: My card is slow, what''s a good way to optimize? A: glEnable(GL_CULL_FACE) - prevents unneeded faces from being drawn! A: GL_NEAREST instead of GL_LINEAR for textures (not smoothed, but very fast) A: Avoid using glBegin(GL_QUADS), glEnd() over and over. If you have 10 quads to draw, put one glBegin(GL_QUADS), draw your 10 quads, then put a glEnd(). A: Keep textures small if they dont need to be large (128x128) A: Turn off blending when you''re not using it A: Keep the resolution at 640x480 etc. Talk to you all later!
Advertisement
Hey NeHe,

Good to hear from you
Sorry to bother you straight away with a small problem...Have you checked this out: Why do some threads look so messed up?

Maybe we meet again, under happier circumstances...

Edited by - baskuenen on September 2, 2000 8:43:03 PM
NeHe, I think that is the first time I have heard you in the forum. You must be pretty busy huh? I can''t wait to see the new tutorials on the CD. The CD looks great the content, the covers, music I think that you got it all. I just have to wait until my mum can take me to the bank so I can change my AUS dollar over to your Canadian dollar, anyone know the current exchange rate? or a website where i could find out?

I''ll get the CD no matter what the exchange rate though

Owen Choice
E Interactive
The reason Santa is so jolly is becuase he knows where all the bad girls live
yeah i wanna get the cd too .... any chance of nehe setting up something we can pay by credit card to?
I've noticed a few threads are missing... I'm not sure what the cause is, but I will look into it. At the moment, I can't seem to update my account profile, meaning I can't moderate. Nice

In regards to online payment... trust me, I am looking VERY hard for a company that can offer the service. I know personally I would prefer to order via an online secure site, rather than sending cash, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience... If anyone knows a company that will offer the service to Canadians I'd love to hear from you! Paypal.com looked good until I started filling out the application and got to the US residents only part.

In the meantime... you all know where I live and as soon as the first few guys get their CD's you'll see that my word is good, and everyone will get what they pay for.

I'm extremely happy with the cd, and like I've told a few people... if it doesn't sell well, that's ok. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. 'I' know it's a great CD, and I know it would help out alot of people, but I can't make people buy it

All I can say is it's an incredible resource. Some of the code on the disc is way beyond my skills, so I'm even learning from it! I wish I had more content, but what is there is greatly appreciated, and well worth the cost.

Most importantly, if the CD does do well, I'm sure everyone will benefit... I know I'd love a GeForce 2, and I know if I was a visitor I'd like to know that there will always be new tutorials (something that money can help me pull in).

Anyways... thanks for the replies guys, I'm off to write up some more mailers. (fun fun)

Edited by - NeHe on September 3, 2000 5:17:40 AM
try www.getsoftware.com
not sure if its what i think it is but i think its supposed to let you take credit card orders
I''ll tell you, E-commerce and shipping has become a nightmare for me... the first 30 orders were mailed saturday... I put proper postage and mailed them.

With the BuyMe button, I''m required to ship via UPS or FedEx... there is no UPS or FedEx close to where I live, and going there every day to ship one or more orders is an extreme hassle. Not to mention that UPS is so incredibly expensive it''s not worth it for me to sell the CD after deducting shipping costs... I wish I could find a service that would take the order, let me know of the order, get confirmation from me that it''s sent, then process the order... ughhhh

Hopefully I can get this all sorted out... I have about 50 orders that still need to go out, and I''m stuck at the moment, dont know what to do, who to talk to about shipping, etc.

I worked it out, it''s $30 Auzzie Dollars.

BTW: I will be geting a CD as soon as I can too

BTW: A GeForce2! I haven''t seen the specs for it but if its better that my GeForce, WOW! My GeForce rocks!! (its got stero-scopic glases too, cool as! )
SLARTIBARTFAST00PLEASE SELECT WITTY .SIG: NoneWho is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?Microwave: Signal from a friendly micro...Multitasking: Screwing up several things at once...How do I set my laser printer on stun?Sarr! The spellchecker kinna take this abuse!
GeForce 2 for the specs you can go to their website. I think that they said 25million triagnles per second. Pretty average... hehe just joking. My Diamond Viper 330 is getting kinda old now so I could do with that GeForce 2.

I orded my CD. Damn postal service on weekends.

Jamie
A few of you are asking about your orders. In regards to the visa orders. They go out the minute I have enough cash gathered, as fast as I can get them out. You have to remember, to send out 10 CD''s is $140. I''m not a rich man They will all be sent.

In regards to mail orders... to date I a have received 4 orders though the mail. I''m assuming by the amount of inquiries I''ve received that more than 4 orders have been sent. I''m sure your mail will get here, but it''s not here yet. Be patient. The minute I get orders they are all prepared to be sent. Next time I get to the post office, they are sent.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement