Settlement

Started by
12 comments, last by mvpsoft 23 years, 8 months ago
"IT COST THEM A FORTUNE"

THEY got from egames $205.000 , so how much they will get from the others who settles. Also included GTI and Varcon.
Also they used there inhouse lawyer in this case.

Also there are some bestselling titles of egames that can''t be sold to distributors/retailers, if they ask for new stock. So thats also big damage.
Advertisement
I can''t comment on the financial terms of the settlement, but you don''t know what you are talking about with this case. For example, they didn''t use in-house attorneys. They used Kim Landsman, who is with a very expensive outside firm. I don''t know how much it cost them, but I was talking to another publisher yesterday who told me that he heard they spent over $1 mil. prosecuting this case so far, and they''re still litigating against Xtreme, so their expenses continue to mount.
I think you guys have done great in this suit... The settlement shows that really, as small fish, you kicked Hasbro''s arse all the way to mars and back, and simply had to pull a couple of games that were blatantly ripping off older ones. Hasbro''s losing face, without a victory of any sort.

Great fight, and lets continue to make great games.

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Found this on yahoo boards....
------------------------------------------------------------
>The suit apparently cost them nothing; since
>EGAM had to pay costs & legal fees.

that statement is simply not true. EGAM claimed they had a one-time expense of $205,000 for this quarter which INCLUDES the payment to Hasbro ---AND---
EGAM''s legal fees! Not Hasbro''s legal fees. EGAM''s legal fees. Which means the amount left-over to pay Hasbro must be very small indeedy.

>EVERYBODY who sold cd-rom titles lost money in
>that realm except EA/sports.

That statement is simply not true.there were many profitable software publishers and distributors this past year. Hasbro was not one of them, I''ll agree with ya on
that one.But I think Hasbro COULD be one of them, if they get their act straight finally.

I like accurate and informative posts. Both you and MVP go a little too much off the emotional deep-end.

All this misinformation and emotion doesn''t help us pick stocks.

Posted as a reply to: Msg 23032 by derekjh7

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement