Post your Alternative OS screenshots! (Was Linux)

Started by
57 comments, last by Ra 19 years, 8 months ago
Well, I guess I might as well throw this thread on track.

Seriously you guys, I just had to laugh when I saw my thread all crapped up. [wink]

I'm going to post a nice shot of fluxbox today, so be prepared, for your boxers will be blown clean off.

(!)
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Advertisement

A durn cool OS [smile]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

*Nostalgic sigh*

I remember the days when crap posting was an artform, and not this mindless drivle we get today. Oh well... back to lurking.

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Man, I'm late... Sorry for digging up the dead post, but I've been meaning to get around to this since the thread was "live"...

Slackware 10
XFce4
gdesklets

Background from kde-look.org...
DracosX:Master of the General Protection Fault
Heh, I just installed Linux (Slack) for the first time, and I have no idea how to take a screenshot. Advice?
Step 1: Open the gimp.
Step 2: Go to File->Aquire->Screenshot.
Step 3: Set a slight delay so you can get things in order...
Step 4: wait until the delay is done.
Step 5: Save and post your screenshot.
Thanks alot, I've been taking this switch one step at a time.
Yeah, that's probably the best way to go about it. I remember when I had my first experiences with Linux... Mandrake 7.1. Downloaded over a 56K only to find out my sound card wasn't supported by the kernel, and my winmodem was crap... Back then, I didn't even know what a "linux" was, heh... And now... Well, lets just say the reason I'm late on this reply is because I've been writing a kernel module to get my winmodem working in linux.

Best of luck to you, and always remember google and tldp.org.
Also, you might want to take a look at XPde. I've never messed around with it, but it looks to be pretty good for ex-windows (not XWindows) users trying to find a good (free) stepping-stone.
Quote:Original post by Drevay
I'm going to post a nice shot of fluxbox today (8/17), so be prepared, for your boxers will be blown clean off.
It seems days are longer in Canada, it's already been 4 days here!
Ra

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement