How do I....

Started by
5 comments, last by dx elliot 19 years, 8 months ago
I just made me first game....How do I put it on the internet like i have me own site but I can't get it on the internet...
Advertisement
You have to upload it to a webspace on a server. Some sites like GeoCities offer webspace for free, but most of them are unstable, in other words they suck.
Or, you could join GDNet+ and get some web space [smile]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

If you've got your own Internet site, you'll need an File Transfer Protocol (FTP) client in order for you to upload your game to your site. That is of course, if you're not hosting it on your own machine.

If you do have an Internet site, ask technical support for the login details to your FTP site. Then, you enter those details into your FTP client and logon. There's many different FTP clients out there. One of the more popular ones, is GlobalSCAPE's CuteFTP.

Hope that helps,

-hellz
SmartFTP is also good, plus it has the benefit of being free for non-commerical use. As was said before, you'll first need to get some web space - have a look at the Web Developmetn Forum FAQ for some free providers.
dude if ya want u can upload it to my website, how big is the file, i haveplenty of room and TONNES of badnwidth left,...

up to,

ace_lovegrove@hotmail.com
I use tripod.com which is really good. You get a whole gig of bandwidth each month and costs nothing. There's also daily site hits, but the monthly graph is broken I think.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement