Pixel size and line thickness

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 8 months ago
I have a MFC application which can plot data points in a graph. 1. Is it possible that while plotting a pixel point, I could change the size of it? The code which I have used: CDC *dc; CPoint cPt; cPt.x = 0.1; cPt.y = 0.1; dc->SetPixel(cPt,cRGB); // CRGB is an instance of COLORREF 2. Is it possible to change the default thickness of the line? For drawing the line: dc->LineTo(cPt); Thanks a lot
-calvin
Advertisement
To change the thickness of a line, you'll have to change the pen you are using :

CPen pen(PS_SOLID, 5 /*thickness*/, RGB(0,0,0));CPen *oldpen;// new thickness/color/styleoldpen = dc->SelectObject(&pen);dc->LineTo(pt);// return to the original thickness/color/styledc->SelectObject(oldpen);

Not sure but it may also change the pixel size (not tested... I haven't drawn a pixel using SetPixel() for at least 5 years :)

HTH

Great!! .. it worked .. thanks a lot .. ratings++
-calvin

Specifying the thickness in CPen worked for drawing the line but did not work for the increasing the pixel size ..

How do you plot a point in MFC and specify the size of it?

Any hints please ..
-calvin
Quote:Original post by calvinhobbs

Specifying the thickness in CPen worked for drawing the line but did not work for the increasing the pixel size ..

How do you plot a point in MFC and specify the size of it?

Any hints please ..

uh, the physical size (i.e. size as seen on the display) of a pixel is determined by your resolution. if you want to draw an arbitrarily sized point, then you need to draw multiple pixels (the smallest point, of course, is the size of a pixel).

btw.. you could just draw a line which is one-unit long, to draw a 'point'. then you can use the pen to determine the size of such a point.

:-/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement