ATI 9600SE Glitching

Started by
11 comments, last by Maega 19 years, 8 months ago
I have this problem too with a 3.2 Ghz Pentium + Radeon 9600XT (it's the reason i can't play the farcry demo [sad]). It's likely to be a heat problem but i don't see that happening with a 950Mhz Athlon.

Anyway you can use MBM (Mother Board Monitor), it shows your cpu, case and motherboard temperatures, fan speeds, processor speed and voltages.

EDIT: i also remember something about disabling recovery in the ATI configuration utility, i don't know if you want to take the risk of disabling it.
Advertisement
I just installed motherboard monitor and it dyad my CPU temp is 28C, so that is most likely not the problem.

About the mobo drivers: I went to the website and none of the drivers will install on my machine. I tried the BIOS and the drivers. The driver simply unpacks itself, then syas it cant find the files it just unpacked. The BIOS said it wasnt for my mobo. The thing is, I've checked, double checked and tripple checked, and I do have the right ones. Another person even confirmed this from me.

I have also determined that it is no temperature problem because the past few times its happened, the GPU isnt even hot to the touch, only warm.

Thanks!

Dwiel
Perhaps it's a faulty AGP driver set

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement