alt-tab = gray screen

Started by
2 comments, last by Thunder_Hawk 19 years, 8 months ago
Hiya :), first of all : I already searched the forum, but didn't find a solution to my problem : I'm using DirectGraphics with sprites to make a pong clone. I'm running my application in a window. When I alt-tab in and out of my application the inside of my window is gray and stays that way until I press alt-F4. I checked if I have a lost my devices this way :

rslt=g_pDevice->TestCooperativeLevel() ;

if (FAILED(rslt))
{
	if (rslt == D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET)
        {
                restore my DX-stuff
But it seems that I do not lose my devices, so my DX-stuff isn't getting restored. Maybe some1 else have an idea why my screen is gray? thanx in advance for any response... edit : testcooperativelevel() returns S_OK!
Advertisement
nobody? :(
It could have something to do with what is in your WM_PAINT message handler.

Hope this helps,

Silent Dragon
I don't know much about DX so there might not be any distinction, but shouldn't you also check to see if you've lost your surfaces?
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement