Beta tester database.

Started by
0 comments, last by Lerc 24 years, 7 months ago
Recently, in two different projects, I had need of specific pieces of hardware to test software on.

How hard would it be to set up a database of people who have various bits of hardware?

A database On GDNet could only give email addresses out to members and keep a log of who got what (to prevent abuse)

A timeout on entries is also probably a good idea, because some people tend to change hardware quite a bit. Let people chose how long they want to stay in the database.

Also give the option of emailing people when they drop off the database sending them a url of a form if they want to update their data and stay on the database.

I know it's a bit of an ask, but it would be quite a usefull scheme, priceless to someone who needs to find a system with a 16 bit BGR display with an Awe 64, just to fix a bug.

-That which does not kill us has made its last mistake.
Advertisement
I agree; this is a good idea. But it has more potential than for technical bugs; you can have an archive of beta-testers willing to test your game for design/gameplay concerns. You know, to give suggestions and the like.

------------------
~CGameProgrammer( );

~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement