i have problem with my pc ....?

Started by
19 comments, last by falkone 19 years, 8 months ago
hello .., how are you ? when i turn on the power i face problem in the booting screen this is the problem: ---------------------------- .... PNP Init Complated Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guard Detecting Primary Master ... WDC WD307AA-00BA00 Detecting Primary Slave ... WDC WD400BB Detecting Secondary Master ... CD-403A Detecting Secondary Slave ... CD-540E Primary Slave drive fails press F1 to continue , press DEL to setup ------------------------------------ when i enter the windows i don't find may second hard dask i was think it is from BIOS i update it from 1003 to 1009 and i don't face any problem with the update and i check the plugs and its ok sometime i face like that: ------------------------------------- ......... Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guar Detecting Primary Master ... [Press F4 to SKIP] Detecting Prim ary Slave ... [Press F4 to SKIP] Detecting Secondary Master ... CD-403A Detecting Secondary Slave ... CD-540E ......... ----------------- what this message mean"Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guar" ?? i wonder what is the problem ??:(
Advertisement
So you're saying that it detects the hard drive, then promptly fails? Does this happen every time you boot up?
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
yes i face one of these problems this problem ,
before a week my pc was work all right i wonder what the problem :(
sounds like either a cable loose that connects to your secondary drive disk or your secondary disk drive is dying. first i'd check the cabling. if everything seems secure, i'd copy that data off as fast as you can b/c the drive is about to die.

-me
If u got win XP and u can acceses the windows i mean the internet and shit, then try 2 go 2

START
HELP AND SUPPRORT
AND TYPE SYSTEM RESTORE

or selected it from there somehow and restore the system how it was a a week ago or 2 weeks ago, u might of downloaded something2 screw up ur pc

hope it helps

That only works on WIN XP
Try switching the primary master and primary slave and see if the primary master doesn't boot right. In that case, it's most likely a failed hard disk..
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
Quote:Original post by Slick-Player
That only works on WIN XP

It also works on Windows ME. Unfortunately, this problem is reported by the bios well before windows is loaded, so I doubt that this will help.

Other things you can try would be to load with a floppy disk to see if you can see the wacky drive from the command prompt (not likely). You can also try resetting the CMOS by pulling out the battery for 45 minutes (with the power cable unplugged). Most motherboards have a jumper you can short to reset settings, but it doesn't always work.
mmm i had checked the cable it is ok
next i remove the the cable and power cable from primary slave harddisk and i turn off detecting boot for the primary slave from the Bios setup and it works all right but i face this message ??
Trend ChipAwayVirus(R) on Guard
what is mean ?
i can not install any platform
what happen for my pc :'(
The Trend Virus Guard message simply tells you that the motherboard is protected by it. It's no indication of error. Have you tried changing the IDE and Power cables between the Primary Master and Primary Slave?
yes i try
and when i face this
Detecting Primary Master ... WDC WD307AA-00BA00
Detecting Primary Slave ... WDC WD400BB
Detecting Secondary Master ... CD-403A
Detecting Secondary Slave ... CD-540E

Primary Slave drive fails

press F1 to continue , press DEL to setup

i can not found the primary slave not in windows or dos

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement