Visual Studio .NET doesnt like this code. How do I fix it?

Started by
3 comments, last by evolutional 19 years, 8 months ago
The following code gives me errors when Using Visual Studio .NET Any ideas? #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN #include <windows.h> //the main entry point of the program int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nShowCmd) { //show simple message box with text "Hello World!" MessageBox(NULL, "Hello World", "Message Box Works", NULL); return (0); } Thanks in advance, toejam2000
Advertisement
What errors does the compiler throw?
I might also suggest checking out C#. Raw Win32 code is just not worth it anymore. You can cut down those 200 lines of code to about 20 using WinForms and C#. But then again, to each his own.
Console-project?
Redefining the problem... is not SOLVING the problem!
As kitofr said, it's likely that you;ve created a C++ console project instead of a Windows executable.

When you create a console project, the linker looks for a int main(int argc, char *argv[]) function for the program's entry point. When you use a windows project, it looks for the WinMain function you have defined here.

If this is the problem, you should be recieving a linker error that mentions something about symbol main (or _main) not being found. To fix this, either twiddle with your project settings or recreate the project as a Windows executable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement