Weeeiiiiirddd game!!! =O

Started by
4 comments, last by EvilProgrammer 19 years, 8 months ago
I think it would be funny to make a game where you play as an alien and abduct humans, kind of like a Pokemon-style game. You would then catch animals and combine their DNA with the humans you catch to create weird human-animal creatures. You could also combine them with weird machines. You'd battle with them in arenas and try to become a master of modified earthling battling! This was a crazy as heck idea I had a loooong time ago but I thought I would post it somewhere just for the heck of it.
Advertisement
Damn! That's the game I'm developing right now, how did you know? [looksaround]

Anyways, it's not really the same. The only thing in common is that you play an alien abducting humans.

The DNA idea is good, but I think I read about a game where you did exactly that (mixing different species' DNA to create new ones). I'm not sure of the name, though I think it's still in development.
-----DevZing Blog (in Spanish)
I couldn't resist...

In Communist GameDev, monsters capture YOU.
Ra
Quote:Original post by Sante05
The DNA idea is good, but I think I read about a game where you did exactly that (mixing different species' DNA to create new ones). I'm not sure of the name, though I think it's still in development.

Are you thinking of Impossible Creatures? If so, it's been released a while ago. It's not such a fun game, in my opinion.
Quote:Original post by MikeMJH
Quote:Original post by Sante05

Are you thinking of Impossible Creatures? If so, it's been released a while ago. It's not such a fun game, in my opinion.

Yeah, that's the game I meant, I suppose I confused it with some other about weird creatures that is still in development.

I haven't played it (obviously from my later post), but I think that the DNA mixing idea, if well developed, could be interesting.
-----DevZing Blog (in Spanish)
This sounds like the opposite of Defender. Anyone remember Defender? You were a ship and had to shoot down the aliens who were trying to abduct humans. If they aliens were successful, they mutated with the humans into some bizarre new enemy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement