an example of a simple game

Started by
29 comments, last by anist 19 years, 7 months ago
OK I can answer that one.
Look at the files leve1.txt etc.

He made it easy to create your own level.

change this:
			player.level++;			char buffer[256];			wsprintf(buffer, "level%i.txt", player.level);			loadLevel(buffer);			return;

to have a while loop

Oh I hope you have other stuff just laying around like this.
Advertisement
Hey how about a Load Runner game?
Or even Lemmings!
I have always wanted to learn how to make one of those.
There is a .net version of loderunner on gotdotnet called coderunner.
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
Thank you so much I've been lokking for something like this forever.
Eat food and life is yours!
i'm glad this was so well recieved. for the first time ever my rating > 1000 :P

the level thing is no bug. i never knew how many would be made, though i stopped at 3. a simple check would keep it from doing that.

i don't know about loadrunner, but i have a simular blackjack game i may post, and was thinking of doing a simple "Legend of Zelda" type game if anyone was interested. the real challenge here would to be to keep it simple and illustrate the concepts, as opposed to putting in too much and making it useless for newbs to learn from.
As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you're unconvinced that a particular plan of action I've decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is - I collect your f***ing head.
Hey this is cool. Of course it's great you kept the source to about 500 lines and it's all in one file! Makes it nice and easy to compile [inlove]

I've never used BitBlt for a game, but it seems amazingly nice and simple. I would like to see pressing escape quit the game.

I glanced through the source file and it looks like it should be a .c not a .cpp
Nice one, a cool little game.

I'm sure many will benefit from it here at GameDev, it always seems like you can only get so far with programming and then get stuck trying to put it all together.

Rating++
Life is all about expression, so express yourself.
Nice, too bad it's in C, though. How hard was it to make?
Great, I've just started C and some sample code would be lovely.
Consider that a ld hl, Ratings \ inc (hl) from me.

Oh, wait, I'm learning C. No more z80 ASM... ratings++;

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Way ta go buddy.[cool]

That's a really cool one.I started with 3D before I did a scroller.

Btw it dont work very well on my comp.It's runs on Windows ME.Here's a screenshot.I ran it a couple of times but there were huge flashes and flickering

But your code is all nicely formated and commented.Very good job on that.I dont really know why it's looking messed up on my comp.

Hey any of you guys want to see a really simple 3D engine?

If anyone wants to try using GDI like mode13h, look into >>>> GCL <<<<<.It provides you with a linear char buffer just like Mode13h, but with any dimesions you like.There are some example programs with it.Also with a small modification you can use the windows API funtions directly.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
[AirBash.com]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement