Terrain texture article update

Started by
1 comment, last by Wavewash 19 years, 7 months ago
A long time ago (almost exactly a year ago) I had written a post about a terrain texuring method that was simple and easy for newbies. I had promised to write an article on it. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=179841 I know it's way overdue and extremely late but I got the chance to look over the article and clean it up. The only issue is that I'm still using DX8 and because of the way I'm working. I don't really want to risk switching to DX9 at the moment. I also do not want to put off posting the article any longer. I was wondering if someone would be so kind to change the code to DX9 for me. I can't offer anything other then a Thankyou and your name and a mention in the article which I intend to send to gamedev. I intend to release the DX8 code along side the DX9 code but I thought it would be nice to have both there. Please email me (Mo at opticuslabs.com) if you'd be intrested. The code is simple and fairly clean. If anyone would be willing, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks ~Wave
Advertisement
It looks like a variation on texture splatting with just two textures and no texture sub-division

Andy

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"

"Life is short, [the] craft long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgement difficult."

Quote:Original post by NineYearCycle
It looks like a variation on texture splatting with just two textures and no texture sub-division

Andy

Pretty much. Although it can be easily expanded. Also it's not as much of a fillrate hog.

~Wave

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement