Questions about OpenGL

Started by
4 comments, last by CecilEltzer 23 years, 6 months ago
Hey Guys, I''m pretty new to new to programming (so bear with me :D), but I have been playing around with OpenGl pretty frequently and I have a few questions about it. -What language was used to create OpenGL? And how can I that language? -Who created OpenGL? Was it a company or some guy using punchcards to program? -Can you program OpenGL to work with websites? Thanks for info and excuse my newbieness -Cecil
Advertisement
hi,
i think OpenGL have been written in C by Silicon Graphics (now SGI). You can use inlude OGL in a website BUT it will be plateform-dependant (you have to compile your program in order to make an exe). Use VRML instead.

lunasol
You cooooooould use the ports to learn ogl for java, as well.

S.
Strylinys, I am hearing some kind of doubt in your tone . Tell me more about ogl for java or where I can find info about it!

Thanks a ton,
-Cecil
I don''t know if they actually work since I''ve never actually tried to use any kind of java, but they''re are links at the bottom of each of NeHe''s tutorials. These are links to the code in other languages like vb, delphi, and yes, java. Not all tuts have been ported that I know of (I haven''t looked at them all) but there are enough to give you a good start.

S.
Take a look at Magician. The OpenGL ARB has asked that it become the official java binding for opengl. The tuts are for GL4Java but it is easy enough to port.

I wanrned you! Didn't I warn you?! That colored chalk was forged by Lucifer himself!
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement