Compile time erorr in MSVC 6

Started by
3 comments, last by Sexay_Hamster 19 years, 7 months ago
Linking... LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "and.obj" Error executing link.exe. I cant figure out what it is :(! anyone know? I googled it and it came up with a post in this forum with this in it but the topic no longer exists so I thought someone still might know.
Advertisement
The only time this has happened to me is when I deleted a cpp file from disk, but forgot to remove it from the visual studio project. Do you have a file called and.cpp or and.c in your visual studio project that doesn't actually exist (try double clicking it and see if it opens)? If you have recently moved the project from one directory to another, or moved the directory that contains and.cpp its possible visual studio is remember a relative path which no longer works.

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
nah, I never had a file named and.cpp. Thats why its wierd. It just comes up out of nowhere.
In the previous case, the user had the word "and" in his list of linked libraries, like this:

OpenGL32.lib GLu32.lib and GLaux.lib

Check your VC++ settings and see how the libraries are listed
-Todd"Windows dectected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect"
Right on. ;o! lol, I am surprised it was something like that lol. thanx all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement