dream military FPS - what would you add?

Started by
26 comments, last by trapdoor 19 years, 6 months ago
I'd take out the CROSSHAIRS! Gee, then maybe people would actually have to have skill to kill things.

Take care.
Florida, USA
Current Project
Jesus is LORD!
Advertisement
Quote:Gee, then maybe people would actually have to have skill to kill things.

That or a tiny blob of blu-tac in the very middle of their screen.
I've got a signature, you can copy-paste it if you like - it's got a bell and a basket and things that make it look good. I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.
If you combined these together, I think you'd be forced to use more realistic tactics - have one team fire on the target from a distance. The goal wouldn't be so much to hit the targets, but to keep their heads down while a second team moves up to killing range.[unquote]

Americas army does this very well.... unfortunety punkbuster is out of date and cheating is becoming too common again.... The sniper shouldnt have to duck away from a saw gunner peeking around a corner 200 meters away.
Personally I love the stealth of action games. I am still waiting for a really good stealth game. Hitman was cool, but to random and not refined. Splinter was cool, but I wish it was non linear, like hitman, though i havn't tried pandora yet. I also am looking forward to thief. I hope they are good.

Yer thoughts?
Not to be a crack head but what is the result when you take 3 pictures which look relly nice and merge them together.. Not that nice of a picture. And even do it sounds compelling to do the "dream FPS" containing all the best of all games it is not really creative design ideas unless you ship the game with a much better computer then todays steam boilers.
I myself want the best out of games but to take the best of a bounch of high end games is impossible. That's why no one have done it.
mikbra @ Chalmers Unniversity of TechnologyGothenburg, SwedenInformation Technology - department of Computer ScienceMaster of Science
Quote:Original post by MikaelBrandin
Not to be a crack head but what is the result when you take 3 pictures which look relly nice and merge them together.. Not that nice of a picture. And even do it sounds compelling to do the "dream FPS" containing all the best of all games it is not really creative design ideas unless you ship the game with a much better computer then todays steam boilers.
I myself want the best out of games but to take the best of a bounch of high end games is impossible. That's why no one have done it.

It's not impossible at all, & will probably happen within a few years. The lines have already begun to blur, & once someone designs a game with this in mind instead of thinking of it as a nifty add-on feature to another genre, it will be realized.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
less accurate weapons and game-forced effects of supression fire. most games let you be so accurate that every weapon gives you a one-shot kill from 200 yards away. also, if you are taking fire, even if you're not being hit, you should move slower, and fire less accurately.

If you combined these together, I think you'd be forced to use more realistic tactics - have one team fire on the target from a distance. The goal wouldn't be so much to hit the targets, but to keep their heads down while a second team moves up to killing range.

I think america's army introduced a feature like this, but I haven't played in a year or so and am not sure how well it worked out in practice

AA was very good at this. I played the Bridge map to death. If you didn't work as a team, you died. Again, like others mentioned, i haven't played in a while so this probably changed. I stopped just before the 2.1 version was out.

I think money should be out of combat games. Unless you're looking at mafia, hitmen, mercenary type games then yes. But Military, no. Which is one reason i didn't like Counter Strike. AA had a decent implemenation of this. You had a rank (plus a score on how you did in the last match) and the higher combined or product... i don't know how they calculated this... but the better you were, the more you got to pick which weapon you wanted. The beginners who didn't know what was going on had to wait and usually all the good guns (grenade launchers, saws, sniper) where picked an dyou had to use a standard rifle.

There are a few ideas i had about aiming. #1. No crosshair. If people complain just say, "we're getting to it" but never do. That's what the aim button which uses the iron sights is for. #2 I also think the gun should move very slowly around the screen when not aimed. This beats the people who would put a dot on their monitor to simulate the crosshair. #3 there should be an option to move slowly or quickly when aiming and shooting. The faster they move or choose to move, the worse their aiming. It shouldn't force me to move slowly if i don't want to.

I also think that when you get shot, (depending on area) you should get knocked down. 1 shot to the chest even if i have a vest on and even if it's in a non-critical area, is gonna knock me down, at least i'm sure. You can still get back up but the knock down should happen. Which also helps the saws out who can do a sweep to quickly hit people. This should only be in effect when the person is standing. If i'm kneeling or prone, then it just hits them.

AA didn't have this at the time but for saw's you should be able to mount to any surface assuming it was stable. In AA you could only mount while prone. I don't know if they changed this but i should be able to mount it to a window ledge or a wall or car hood.

iKonquest.com - Web-based strategy.End of Line
I also think that a few ideal areas would be either major capitals of the main countries right now or have it in the slight future in a post apocolyptic United States. (Just so the enemy doesn't get too offended, could always pick Nigeria or Mongolia as the main attacker of the states. There's no way they could or would attack :) )

It could also take place in an alternate reality. Nothing too sci-fi, just if say German won the first world war or if Britian beat the american rebels. Have a possible different situation for now.
iKonquest.com - Web-based strategy.End of Line

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement