Online football manager

Started by
6 comments, last by emomast 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi all, I am planning on creating an online football (soccer) manager. So far I am planning using C# and Access for this project. The idea is that the attributes of the players will be hidden (even for your own players) and you will know how good they are through scout and coach reports. I find this more realistic then a point system. There will be point attributes of course, but they will be hidden for the manager. I think its more realistic to buy a striker who is 'very good at finishing from any position' instead of 'a guy with Shooting attribute of 1560'. If anyone is interested, please respond...
Advertisement
Interested in what? Helping out? If so, this should be in the Help Wanted forum, no?
OK. sorry for the bothering
I would be very interested in helping out with such a project.

I'm currently working on my own football mangement game at the moment. So I have the match and commentary engine in place, such that games can be played and a report is created after the match is done.

I'm also looking into using Access to store various stats. However I currently wokring in C++ and I dont really know C#.

Do you know C++?? Would you be prepared to join my current project??
Is this an Internet project?
I want to make the game online, so more people can play it. I know C++ and Visual C++, and I think its not that difficult to learn c# after you know how to work with C++...
Well at the moment it is not a internet game as it stands. I wanted to make the main match engine and database storage methods before thinking about making it a networked game or internet based.

Do you want to create a similar game to hat-trick. I would be very interested in created a game like that.

Have you started anty development on the game yet?
This is exactly what the game Championship Manager is about. I'm also interested in this genre. I have been developing the same type of game (cricket instead of soccer). The gameplay is vital in these games, it's very hard to create a simulated result that is very realistic.
I was thinking about creating a separate thread for every player. Their behaviour would vary depending on the player position and the match tactics. Its better then just calculate the player attributes and evaluating a result from them. Currently I am on the DB model, but as soon as I have some decent player structure I'll move on the match engine. For me the engine is the most important thing in the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement