Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

SNL Debate Parody

Started by Tron3k Oct 3, 2004 at 2:39 PM 8 replies 2k views
Original Post
Tron3k
Tron3k
Did anyone see this last night? I think it was the funniest thing I've ever seen on SNL. Bush: "We're, you know, we're working hard! We're ... coming in Saturdays! Writing reports! It's ... hard work!" Kerry furiously scribbling notes. Kerry: "Bush says I'm a flip-flopper. He's wrong. When I was speaking in support of the war, I was speaking to a pro-war audience! When I was speaking against the war, I was speaking to an anti-war audience! That's pandering, not flip-flopping, and America deserves a president who knows the difference!" Host: "Mr. President, do you have a backup plan for Iraq?" Bush: "Well, you know, we don't really need a backup plan but we made one anyway. And it was ... hard work, you know? I mean, not just the one plan, two plans!" Host: "Mr. President, what IS your backup plan?" Bush: "Well, in case things don't work out, we'll need to install a new leader to be forceful, to put things in control in order to prepare Iraq for a democracy." Host: "And who would this new leader be?" Bush: "... Saddam Hussein?" Hilarious.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
PnP Bios
PnP Bios
It was ok... but they should have waited and covered the domestic policy one. They had better to the VP one though. I just want to hear the guy playing cheney telling edwards to go fsck himself.
Etnu
Etnu
Quote:
Original post by PnP Bios
It was ok... but they should have waited and covered the domestic policy one. They had better to the VP one though. I just want to hear the guy playing cheney telling edwards to go fsck himself.


And to have a heart attack.
---------------------------Hello, and Welcome to some arbitrary temporal location in the space-time continuum.
LessBread
LessBread
Have you guys heard about this: Bush Blows Debate: Talks to Rove in Earpiece!

Quote:

During the Presidential Debate Bush made what may be his most costly error- he exposed that he’s using an earpiece to help him answer debate questions.

In the middle of an answer bush said, "now let me finish" as if someone was interrupting him - yet nobody did - he was talking to the person in his earpiece.
...
I’ve been thinking for years that we need something major to blow this scam wide open, like Bush exposing himself on national tv. Last night he did just that.

The ’let me finish’ quip was clearly bush talking to someone (probably Rove) in his earpiece- saying ’let me finish’ (before you give me the next answer).

He blows it 60 seconds into his 90 second reply- so no warning lights had gone off and the moderator had not motioned for him to end as there was plenty of time left.

There is really no other plausible explanation for this huge blunder- who was he telling to ’let him finish’? The voices in his head?

Is he talking to God again? Shouldn’t this be enough to warrant a major investigation of some sort- bush is so incompetent he needs an earpiece to speak in public!


I remember him saying that, but I figured it was just a figure of speech. One of the respondents to the above suggests that if it's true, someone at the next debate should jam the signal of Bush's earpiece so that he's completely on his own. I think it would be better to amplify that signal so that it could be played over loudspeakers thus exposing the ventrilloquism.

I tend to think that it's not true, because it seems to me that if Karl Rove was feeding Bush information through an earpiece, then Bush would not have run out of things to say halfway through the debate.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
AndreTheGiant
AndreTheGiant
I think it must have been a figure of speech as well. It was pretty obvious that he was coming up with his answers all by himself, wasnt it?
I personally cant believe how close him and kerry are in this whole campaign. Every time he opens his mouth to say something, it is painfully clear that he doesnt know what he is talking about, even to me, and I really dont follow politics at all.
The fact that the race is so close means that there is a large population of Americans out there who think he is doing a good job. Thats a scary thought.
I think he is still playing on people's fear. No matter what you ask him, he brings it back to terrorism/freedom/911. Sure thats an important issue, but there are other issues. No matter what the topic is, he swings the subject over to that again. Because thats the only thing he knows how to talk about. Actually, I dont even think he knows how to talk about that either. He just spews out the same lines every time. Just because he knows that referring to 911/terrorism gets people wound up and on his side because he was there for 911 and 'took action'. Im just surprised that the same tired old lines are still working one people after so long.

Im just really surprised that they are so close in the race. Everybody I know think Bush is doing a bad job, and most people on this board seem to think so too. All over television, you hear people saying, or at least implying, that he is bad for America. From where I'm standing, it seems like no one likes Bush. But he's doing really well in this campaign. Does that mean that people are saying that they dont like him, but are planning on voting for him anyway? Whats going on?

Anyway I'd love to download a clip of the SNL sketch if anyone knows where I could get it.
Nytegard
Nytegard
Quote:
Original post by AndreTheGiant
Im just really surprised that they are so close in the race. Everybody I know think Bush is doing a bad job, and most people on this board seem to think so too. All over television, you hear people saying, or at least implying, that he is bad for America. From where I'm standing, it seems like no one likes Bush. But he's doing really well in this campaign. Does that mean that people are saying that they dont like him, but are planning on voting for him anyway? Whats going on?


It has to do with who you talk with. Canada by and large is extremely liberal compared to much of the USA. Same thing with most of Western Europe.

A little breakdown of if the election was held today.

I live in one of the blue states, and all I hear is about how bad Bush is. Not that I disagree with that. But I went to school in Indiana, where it was completely opposite (how they hated Clinton). 95% of the people I met there would vote for a rock if it was labeled Republican over any candidate for a Democrat. And on another post here (Why are GDNetter's liberal, or something like that), I made a statement where there is another board I go to where Bush is heavily liked, and Kerry despised.

That's why I cannot stand polls. You're assuming they get a representative portion of America. Yet I've seldom met anyone who have been in these polls. And the few times I've seen them, they've been skewed (the questions they ask basically make you choose an answer which doesn't even represent what you really feel). Besides, on the Fox News website, they have links on where to get paid for taking place in polls.

You have to give it to the Republican Party. They really do go out and do their homework.
docyoung83
docyoung83
Quote:
Original post by LessBread
Have you guys heard about this: Bush Blows Debate: Talks to Rove in Earpiece!

Quote:

During the Presidential Debate Bush made what may be his most costly error- he exposed that he’s using an earpiece to help him answer debate questions.




I remember that moment clearly, but if I remember correctly, his time limit was drawing to a close as he finished the statement (I think the orange light was on). I think that that Mr. Lehrer thought that he was finished answering the question and was about to move on to the next issue, but Bush interrupted with "let me finish" to keep Jim from moving on. I am not a Bush fan by any means, but I think the issue of having an earpiece is pretty absurd. If he did have an earpiece, why the hell didn't it help him out with his other blunders?
Tron3k
Tron3k
At least I found this, for your viewing pleasure!
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
LessBread
LessBread
Quote:
Original post by StonieJ
I remember that moment clearly, but if I remember correctly, his time limit was drawing to a close as he finished the statement (I think the orange light was on). I think that that Mr. Lehrer thought that he was finished answering the question and was about to move on to the next issue, but Bush interrupted with "let me finish" to keep Jim from moving on. I am not a Bush fan by any means, but I think the issue of having an earpiece is pretty absurd. If he did have an earpiece, why the hell didn't it help him out with his other blunders?


The account suggests the statement was made with plenty of time left on the clock, but it also has Drudge level credibility so ultimately it's not important. At any rate, I agree that it's probably not true because it didn't help him and stated as much at the end of the quote.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
I Like Bread
I Like Bread
Yes, let's not worry about our President agreeing to use subversive tactics to hide his incompetency, because he didn't win the debate anyway.
______Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.