AVI question

Started by
4 comments, last by Zahlman 19 years, 6 months ago
Hello all, I'm creating a AVI file of my 3D scene, and I was wondering if someone knew if it's possible to make the file automatically loop when played back in an arbitrary avi player? cheers, hlnsi
Advertisement
The AVI format doesn't include informatrion for looping. The header always contains an exact number of frames that will be shown, it's simply chance that some common AVI players have a looping function added. What you might want to investigate is whether you can use an ASX file (think of it as a Microsoft batch file for media files) to cause the AVI to loop in Media Player automatically.
Thanks for the reply!

What about if I would save, lets say 16 frames in the AVI... how could I then, if it's at all possible, loop these 16 frames for example 10 times, without storing them more than once in the file?

Is there for example some frame-indexbuffer that could be filled in in the AVI file format?

Thanx, Hlnsi
No. No such mechanism exists in the AVI format for reusing specific frames (it might be possible to mess with the index chunk, but that wouldn't work right on most players).
hmmm, ok I'll take a look at the asx option then...

Thanks for the help!
You could also distribute a .avs file along with your .avi, and then other users of AviSynth could just 'play' that script file instead.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement