How to prove this summation?

Started by
10 comments, last by Promit 19 years, 6 months ago
Quote:Original post by Promit
Well if you want to play semantics, it's not work. It's an independent investigation I'm doing to confirm what my teacher asserted and left for me to find out. And I think it's a perfectly legit CS question.

Promit,

I've allowed this thread to stay open, and will continue to do so. Actually, I love it when people go above and beyond what is required to verify things and teach themselves. I applaud this!

The only reason I've commented a few times is to try and make sure forum members, both others and yourself, are educated about forum policy. Since it seems few people take time to read the FAQ or even know it exists, I feel I have to post notes from time-to-time to clarify. I really do not mean to direct my comments at you, and I hope you don't take it that way.

That said, just to be clear, the forums on gamedev, apart from the lounge, should remain focused primarily on game development. More general topics with no on-topic background info are, technically, off topic unless they invoke problem-solving discussions that can help forum members create their games. There have been a few novel solutions to your question, so the thread is okay.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
Advertisement
So we're cool then.

I didn't mean my comment in a bad way either, although I guess it does read that way.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement