[.net] Cant comment JScript.NET without getting compiler error

Started by
12 comments, last by Metzler 19 years, 6 months ago
Ahoi, i have another problem: I cant comment my Jscript.NET script without getting confusing errors on compilation.

import Scriptinterface;
import System;
import System.Threading;
import System.Diagnostics;

class myClass implements IScript
{
	private var Host : IHost;

function Test1 ()
        {
        	for (var i : int = 0; i < 1000; i++)
        	{
                Console.WriteLine("Hallo im Thread1111!");

}
                //Comment
        }

function Test2 ()
        {
        	for (var i : int = 0; i < 1000; i++)
        	{
                      Console.WriteLine("Hallo im Thread2222!");
                }
        }
	function OutputMsg (text : String)
	{
	        Console.WriteLine("1234Hallo IM Script!");
                var a : int = int(System.Math.PI);
                Host.OutputMsg("1234 Hallo vom Script!");
                var t : Thread = new Thread(Test1);
                var t2 : Thread = new Thread(Test2);
                t.Start();
                t2.Start();
	}

function GetHost (host : IHost)
	{
		Host = host;
    }
}
Nothing extraordinary. Notice the "//comment" in Test1(). When i compile it via VSAEngine, i get the following error (translated from German to English): Error in File!: Microsoft.JScript.JScriptException: variable 'mport Scriptin terface;' hasn't been defined. Script.JScript://script/test: Line 44 - Error: The variable 'mport Scriptinter face;' hasn't been defined. If I kill the comment, everything works just fine. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Is Scriptinterface another module that you wrote?

Are you using // for every comment line?
oh hai
Yup, Scriptinterface is a module that i wrote. It contains the Interfaces IScript and IHost.
It doesnt matter, if i use either /* */ or // as comment tags...
I get an error all the time.
Mind posting the specific comment?
oh hai
It's up there in the Test1() Method.
"//Comment" beyond the for-loop.
unfortunately I cant recreate your exact problem as I don't have your classes. It would probably be best to try and strip your code down as much as possible to try and work out why its happening...

One other thing, you can actually use the inbuilt print("bla bla bla") function instead of Console.WriteLine. You then don't need to add the System Namespace into your VSA engine...
Quote:Original post by Metzler
It's up there in the Test1() Method.
"//Comment" beyond the for-loop.

Oh, that's stupid of me. I thought there might be more to the comment and you were using it as a placeholder.

Looking at your code, did you forget this:

package YourSolutionName;

At the top before your import lines?
oh hai
The package keyword isnt necessary as far as i know.
And it doenst work either ;)
@Mrs Kensington: If I remember correctly, it was you, who once posted his Vsa-Script-Engine on gamedev.net, right?
Do you have any problems related to this? Or is there any Engine-Option, that i have to set?
Man metzler, your computer is really hating on you lately. BTW, do you have the express edition of C# or C++ installed?
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
Quote:Original post by Metzler
@Mrs Kensington: If I remember correctly, it was you, who once posted his Vsa-Script-Engine on gamedev.net, right?
Do you have any problems related to this? Or is there any Engine-Option, that i have to set?

yeah that was me... I've not had any problems and I tried to recreate your problems but couldn't get it to error... my initialisation code is the following...

engine = new VsaEngine(true);engine.RootMoniker = moniker;engine.Site = new VsaSite(this);engine.InitNew();engine.RootNamespace = rootNamespace;engine.Name = rootNamespace;//set some optionsengine.SetOption("alwaysGenerateIL", true);engine.SetOption("autoRef", true);engine.SetOption("print", true);

I can't see anything in there that would cause your problems... have you got alwaysGenerateIL set to true as that will at least try to build an assembly that runs even if there is an error...

If you could post a stripped down version of your code that we could compile then i'll have a play and see if I can get it to work...

One last question... does it happen if you put a comment anywhere in your code or is it only in function that you are calling as part of a seperate thread?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement