Morning's Wrath: New ScreenShots and release update

Started by
5 comments, last by EDI 19 years, 6 months ago
Greetings everyone, New Screenshots: As usual EDIGames has been hard at work on Morning's Wrath, and to prove it we have some new screen shots for you (see below). Release update: While we had hoped to have MW ready for release in November, some issues came about (primarily with the team) that caused some major setbacks, However I am very happy to announce that we just finished the Mapping Phase and have now entered the Scripting Phase which is the final development phase. I don't have a new release date and I am a little more reluctant this time around to give one, all I can say is, hopefully in 2004. :-) Now, for the screen shots! :-D Some shots of the initial invasion of the castle (oooh!). Stress-Testing :-) I died =/ Some shots from the new castle maps made by Heleen. As always, thank you for your support =)

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
excellent screens, as always. the maps look awesome with the shadows and high quality textures. thats unfortunate that you can't complete it as soon as you wanted, but it seems like you got that straightened out.
Quote:I died =/

yeah, that looked rather painful. no blood ... must have been internal ;).
cheers.
- stormrunner
Congratulations!

You know I've been rooting for this project for a long while. Keep us posted.
Awesome job.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.
EDI, cograts, very nice job.

The only thing that bugs me a little is the lighting. It seems that every tile is just assigned to a single color value. Why do that? Couldn't you just for each light blend with the floor a texture quad containing a "point light" texture? I don't know which API you use though, or in what stage the engine is, so it might not be applicable.
Quote:Original post by mikeman
The only thing that bugs me a little is the lighting. It seems that every tile is just assigned to a single color value. Why do that? Couldn't you just for each light blend with the floor a texture quad containing a "point light" texture? I don't know which API you use though, or in what stage the engine is, so it might not be applicable.

I noticed that too, but going back to look again, it doesn't look that bad except on the greyish-blue marble tiles where there is a clear contrast between each level of lighting. If something more advanced like mikeman suggests isn't possible, maybe just adjusting the levels on the marble tiles would work - or avoiding putting lights in spots like that.

Looks great though - the stress test reminds me of events in Ultima Online - or the Britain bank (at least in the "good ole days"). :)
Tadd- WarbleWare
Hey all, thanks for the comments.

at the moment we need to adhear to our custom API, which does light by modulating textures with a single color value.

thanks again for your comments and support =)

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement