Could you guys test my c-buffer algorithm??

Started by
19 comments, last by Bruno 23 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys I''m implementing a bsp/c-buffer, into my engine, and i would need that you guys test to see the speed you guys get on your machines. This test program (61kb) troughs 10.000 textured polygons to the screen with a z space distance of 0.1 between each quad. I would like to see, how much fps you people get with opengl z-buffer and with the c-buffer.. The c-buffer still has some bugs, but it''s just to see the performance. The test program is at www.geocities.com/brunomtc/test.zip Thanks Bruno
Advertisement
hm geocitie asks me for a password, and after entering one (i think i have one for there,its a deadlink..)

hm

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

With my lousy win2k GeForce drivers:

OpenGL z-buffer: 45 fps
c-buffer: 71 fps
Humm, but you''re loosing some visible polys

Win 98 with MP3 on the background
PIII 500(P3BF) + GeForce DDR
Windowed
ZBUFFER (textured) : 62 fps
CBUFFER (textured) : 120 fps
(you can find me on IRC : #opengl on undernet)
on the ati rage 128, with p3 500 and win98 se in fullscreen, textured mode
z: 17fps
c: 45fps

hope you could correct the errors, would be nice

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

Edited by - davepermen on October 8, 2000 2:08:40 PM
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

nice one now all u have to do is have the ability for the viewer to change positions

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux
z-buffer: 46 FPS [textured]
c-buffer: 35 FPS [textured]

system:

PIII 500
64MB
Win98SE
GeForce2 MX (Hercules)

I''ve had GetRight (d''loading a big zip), CrashGuard, Anti-virus, FireWall & CPU cooler (win98SE doesn''t do HLT''s ) on the background while testing your program.
I''ll test it later without all those programs because I think they''re hogging the CPU a bit
thanks for the replys..

richardve, you got me worried, i know i have to make some optimizations, but c-buffer slower than z-buffer

Bruno
z-buffer: 53 FPS
c-buffer: 41 FPS

As you can see the Z-buffer with 10.000 quads is faster again (don''t ask me why.. )

I think it''s a good idea to make an option to use a Z or C-buffer.

btw. I''ve noticed that my GeForce2 MX from Hercules is very, very fast in OpenGL
richardve:
What the hell..., that is strange..
I don''t understand how do the performance is slower with the c-buffer..
As i can see skyslayer, is also using a PIII(500), but with a GeForce DDR, instead of a GeForce MX.

Do you know if the GeForce DDR is much diferent than you geforce? I don''t have a clue on the performance of the boards.
thanks for the test

Bruno

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement