Direct3D website?

Started by
8 comments, last by Dunge 23 years, 7 months ago
Do anyone know a website for newbie with tutorial like nehe.gamedev.net but for Direct3D?
Advertisement
forum FAQ

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Humm....... yeah ok
Hey WitchLord, I did the second tutorial in your site (because I already know how to create a window) and that''s pretty good, but can I know why it''s so slow on my computer? the triangle rotate very slow then stop and appear rotated 180 degree and when I press the X (close window) it take 2-3 seconds to quit.... is this normal? I compilled the 3rd tutorial and it do the same thing, after that I downloaded the executable of the 4th tutorial and it''s fast......
Please answer! (sorry for my bad english)
quote:Original post by Dunge

Do anyone know a website for newbie with tutorial like nehe.gamedev.net but for Direct3D?

Hello Dunge

I think you can find here what ur lookin'' 4.

http://www.gamedev.net/hosted/3dgraphics/

I wish u good luck.

I''m sorry for not responding sooner. As you might know I''m pretty busy.

I don''t know why the program behaves as it does on your computer. And no, it isn''t normal. What type of hardware do you have? Perhaps you are using drivers with bugs in them? It could also be that you are compiling the programs in debug mode, where as I compile in release mode. Anothing might be if you installed debug runtime drivers of DirectX while installing the SDK, those are a whole lot slower than the retail drivers.

I hope you are able to solve your problem on your own, because I don''t think I will have time to help you much more than this.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Well sorry to take you time but I really don''t undestand! My computer is a PIII-600mhz with 128RAM PC-133 and a Viper770 Ultra (TNT2) video card.... I compilled the prog the same way as any others prog, not in debug mode and I compilled to last tutorial (building a world) and this one is OK.... and I have WindowsME and DirectX come with it (7.1)... this is suposed to be the retail version of directX... but I run a lot of games with Direct3D and it''s fine!
Unfortunately I don''t know what the problem is either. And without being able to reproduce the symptoms myself it is virtually impossible for me to find the fault. It''s not unlikely that it is some kind of bug in my programs. I just don''t have time to find them myself. If you should find out what the problem is I would very much appreciate it if you would tell me.

I''m sorry I couldn''t help you on this.

- WitchLord

Well thx anyway... I will tell you if I find it...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement