where do i find programs to create games?

Started by
17 comments, last by Captain Nuss 19 years, 5 months ago
i have been looking around for ever and i cant find a program to start making a game or anything at all so can any of you guys out there post some websites that give some programs.
Advertisement
i heard there was some sort of hockey program to make a hockey game, maybe you should search for that..
heh
Don't be silly. There is no 'hockey program to make hockey games'. You have to use Dark BASIC!
Learn C++. Thats all I can say.
k cool. what program do i use that copes with C++
Quote:Original post by t-bill
k cool. what program do i use that copes with C++
Dev-C++

Oh, don't forget this and this.
If a plant cannot live according to its nature, it dies; so a man.
heh heh heh.
Well, if you are going for rapid development, you can't go wrong with klick and play.
C++ is for serious 3d development, and can take a long time to learn. You are going to have to get close to the system.

Its a quality over speed issue.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Maybe try Verge out

www.verge-rpg.com

Despite the RPG name it's flexible enough to do other types of games too. Though the emphasis is on 2D roleplaying games.
At the top of the web page should be a link labeled For Beginners under Resources. That should be a good place to look for information in general. For C++, you need a compiler. This is a program that converts your code into a program. Also, you might want to check out the Books section under Resources to see what good books there are about learning C++. One last thing, make sure you learn C++ first, then, when you know C++ , you can start thinking about where you want to go from there (maybe DirectX, OpenGl, or SDL, after you learn C++).
ok thx for the info. for a simpler game like tetris or something 2D wut programs would u suggest?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement