fragMOTION 0.4.1 beta released

Started by
20 comments, last by RolandofGilead 19 years, 5 months ago
Quote:Original post by Fragmo
nts, try it again, I think I fixed the problem you were having.

It works now, thanks

I tried the modeller and well what can I say, i really like it. Very intuative, was up and modelling in the first minute. Created a model then unwrapped and textured it. I haven't tried animating yet but if it is as good as just modelling, assuming it is from what i've seen, then i think i just found the low poly modeler for my game. :D

Just waiting for the SDK and file format now
Advertisement
I just posted fragMOTION 0.4.2 beta. This fixes bugs in the background images and multiple vertex assignments. It also adds support for DirectX .x files. I'm hoping to have the sdk posted on Nov. 23, but if I miss that date it will be about a week later. If you find any bugs in the program or have any comments/suggestions you can send them to support at fragmosoft dot com.

thanks,
dave
Wow! That looks AMAZING!!! GREAT WORK!

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."

dave
Hi!

That looks pretty impressive! And you made it with ATL? WOW!

I don't know anything about modelling, but I thought I'd decompile a HL model I had.

...alot of files...
Sequence: D:\My Files\Study\self\ThumbView\TestImages\new\crouch_shoot_grenade_blend2.smd
Sequence: D:\My Files\Study\self\ThumbView\T

and there it stopped, in the middle of the path. I had no idea there were so many small files in there, so I can't say if it succeeded or not. But the done button is active.
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Thanks for the feedback, I've seen that problem myself but I haven't been able to determine why it truncates the output. It only seems to happen with larger .mdl files, particularly the counter strike models. The original half-life models usually don't have a problem. I'm fairly certain it's extracting all the files though.

dave
Seriema, I figured out why the output was truncated in the mdl decompiler, the text box has a limit of 32k chars and large models will exceed that. A fix for this will be added to the next release,

thanks,
dave
I just posted fragMOTION 0.4.3 beta along with the SDK.

dave
Do you intend this to remain freeware?

Also, I'm so glad you're using Lua, see my link for why, though my lib still doesn't write files and I haven't written anything to interface with fragMOTION so you can safely ignore this...whole sentence really.
didn't he say $15? anyways... paid things are really awful for some of us who are not 18+ and don't have a credit card =).

Grr... XD

---

yay finished dl'ing! Anyways great - .x files are good, and it's great overall!

anyways... what is ATL? and also are you working on this alone?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement