Why all games have an cracked version?

Started by
29 comments, last by deuter 19 years, 5 months ago
OrenGl: well cooperation of hard and software retailers is a good idea, but i don't think it's enough. people will bypass anything if they have enough determination

ToohrVyk: maybe soon gamemakers will produce viruses for the Bad Guys, huh? i don't think the concept on GDNet is good enough. there is something called watermarks in good quality cracks..

CGameProgrammer: the piracy can be hidden on The Philippines and west can do sh** about it

zarthrag: multiplayer games are imho one of the hardest to crack (never say impossible?)

serratemplar: yeah, i remember this protection ;-)) some tracks on the disk are corrupted but it's fairly easy to find them, don't remember if they are easy to fix (or vice versa ;-)

IronBat: i still think that with a protection like this a person can crack it if he/she has more determination than the one who tries to protect it and very often it's that case

Nice Coder: ok, RSA is very nice. but what if your super duper routine is being NOPed? you code another integrity check to see if the previous check is valid? and so on..

in the end i think it's not the protection used that matters but rather the driving force of a person who is willing to play it but hasn't enough money to pay for it

or sometimes a crack comes from a person who is far more fascinated with a protection scheme itself rather than the software as a whole..

[Edited by - deuter on November 27, 2004 1:23:35 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement