Sourceworld, Re-post

Started by
1 comment, last by cravikiran 19 years, 5 months ago
Hey, Sorry, I would continue this on the original thread I started for this but I can't seem to post any replies to it... I am assuming that that's because it is now archived or something and is no longer a valid thread. Here's the advertisement for the site I was/still am trying to promote: Sourceworld is an Online Information Sharing Community. It is a site for generating Open Source content. Intended to be a cross between Forums and Wikis, it provides users with the tools needed to collect, organize and share the information they want. If you have any information bits (forum posts, articles you wrote, and any new articles you want to write...), please post on the site. THe terms by which you post are very open... essentially giving other users the right to modify (it's a wiki-style) and making sure that you are not breaking other copyrights (it is very much like an MIT-style license except for documents). This is to promote collaborative content generation where other users add to and modify things others put up to improve the overall quality of anything put up. There was a question the last time I posted of what happens when there is a conflict on the way categories are arranged. Well, it is possible to have a category with the same name (for example, "Flash") under two different categories (such as under "Programming", as well as "Web Design", etc.) but I would recommend trying to agree on one place. Anyhow, I hope you guys will contribute anything you can. Also, just posting questions (as proposals) will also help a great deal. I will personally try to answer proposals by posting articles (I've been trying to write articles but its hard to without having some direction as to what others would want) and hopefully, others will also answer the proposals. I would appreciate any input you guys have on the site. Most people have been saying its a great idea and a great design but I can't seem to get more people to join and contribute. Feedback addressing why this might be so (ease of use issues, structural issues, etc that are making it hard to contribute...) would be very helpful. Thanks, Ravi
Advertisement
Well saying it's a great idea it's the nice thing to say, but i personally don't think it's that great. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, no, it's just a great idea that too many ppl already thought about. There are already too many good places on the internet to get good information from on the fields that you try to develop in your website.

I antecipate some hardship for your site's development, but i do wish you the best in your endevours.
xor, you make a very good point and I cannot say much to counter it in a broad sense. The only thing I have to say in response is that the specific organizational and information generating metaphors used and available for the site are not avialble on other sites. Especially other sites focused on any and all computer-related topics. In any case, I hope that your anticipated outcome for the site is not too much on the mark, even though it seems like so far it will be. Anyhow, I request that people join and contribute any pieces they may have written to the site.

Ravi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement