AngelScript 1.10.1b STABLE (2004/12/01)

Started by
15 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 4 months ago
I continue my promise to keep version 1.10.1 updated with bugfixes. With this release I also wrote an article explaining the details on how to call script functions with parameters. You'll find that article in the library documentation.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Woah! That was FASST!! Anyway i'll get to spend some time on Angelscript for the next few days! Great to be back on the saddle!!
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
error LNK2005: __vsnprintf already defined in LIBCMT.lib(vsnprint.obj)
error LNK2005: _free already defined in LIBCMT.lib(free.obj)
error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in LIBCMT.lib(malloc.obj)
error LNK2005: _strtol already defined in LIBCMT.lib(strtol.obj)
error LNK2005: _strtoul already defined in LIBCMT.lib(strtol.obj)
fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

i finally managed to port AS 1/7/x to 1.10.0b and this was what i got, i ignored LIBCMT.lib and they seem to show "invalid configuration" dring a build and throw an exception, maybe a newbie problem, but i just started the port and i hope it has an easy fix.

i'll update if i find any solutions. All i did for the port were include bstr and stdstring, change the syntaxes, if there is anysting specific i need to watch out for, i might need your help. Thank in advance.
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
Make sure both AS and your app are build with the same run-time library. (Project->Settings->C/C++->Code Generation)
Exactly. Gyrbo has the answer.

In particular you are getting these errors because you compile the library for multithreaded C runtime dll (default in AS project) and your application is probably set to singlethreaded static C runtime library (default in MSVC++ projects).

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I made the Code Generation Options similar and i got the same error during Build. When would a Build Command give an "Invalid Configuration"?
The Build() method reports "Invalid configuration" if one of the previous calls to a register method fails. You'll have to verify the return values from the calls to the register methods to find the exact error. I suggest you do it like this:

int r;r = RegisterObjectType(...); assert( r >= 0 );r = RegisterObjectMethod(...); assert( r >= 0 );r = RegisterGlobalFunction(...); assert( r >= 0 );

This will allow you to detect any invalid configurations in debug mode, and won't impact your release build.

I am trying it out, still dont know how they would seem to work in the older version though

warning C4121: 'asUPtr' : alignment of a member was sensitive to packing

this seems to be a warning i get in Debug mode only! i'll keep it updated.
Just as i suspected, the Assert fails on every bstr call in the function prototype declaration, i have included asBstr.cpp and asBSTR.h files, is there anything else i might need to doublecheck?
A lot of things have changed since 1.7.1, a call to a register method that worked before may not work with 1.10.1, although most of them should.

You mentioned before that you included both bstr and stdstring, you can't use both of them. Also you should use the bstr that is found in the test_feature project, as that is tested to work correctly.

I don't put bstr in the add_on folder anymore because I'd prefer if newcomers use the stdstring instead, which is much easier to use. But in your case, that already have the bstr working it's of course easier to continue to use the bstr.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement