When did you start?

Started by
33 comments, last by fiskbil 19 years, 5 months ago
Hi , 19 years old. I have 3 years of experience in programming so far... I haven't really tried programming in OOP although I have basic knowlege when it comes to that. I would like to ask what age you started programming, your current age, your level of experiences and games developed so far. Age started: Current Age: Level of experience: beginner, intermediate, expert Others: Just tell something about yourself Thanks a lot
We should never stop learning...
Advertisement
Real quick before I go to bed...

Age started
First took a look at java when I was 18. Wrote a GPA calculator (which I submitted to javaboutique.internet.com), but didn't really do any other programming until about 3 months ago.

Current Age

Level of experience
beginner

Others
Besides computers and games, I have a passion for chemistry (though, I don't know that much about it yet). I'm going for a CS degree and thinking about double majoring with a chemistry degree. I'd like to get a high paying job when I get out of college so I can fund my own game development company [smile]

ok... time for sleep.
Meh, why not.

Age started: 9 (BASICA on an IBM PS2, gotta love those line numbers)
Current age: 19
Level of experience: high-intermediate
Others: Need more coffee (and read the geekcode)
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----Version: 3.12GCS/M/S d->+(++) s+: a19? C++++ UL++ P+++ L+ !E W+++ N+ o++ K? w!O M-- V? !PS PE Y+ PGP t++ 5+++ X R tv+> b+(++)>+++ DI+++>+++++ D++G e>++++ h! r y?------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Age Started: 10(I started C++ at this age, I started programming (in VB) at about 7 or 8)

Current Age: 13

Level of Experience: Above intermediate(In C++, more info on my experience here)

Other: Well, before I started much into programming, I was more into electronics and robotics. I'll probably go back into it, programming microcontrollers in C++. Currently working on a game engine and raytracer(for the game engine) with SDL and OpenGL.
Awww started at the age of 14 now I am 16
interestinck... im in!

Age Started: 14 (started C++ from the start, began Delphi/DirectX at 15)
Current Age: 16 (only a few weeks off 17 :) )
Level of Exp.:
Beginner -----+----- Intermediate
------------------^-------------
(here is where i think im at with all!)
Others: i love playing video games (favs are FPS, RTS and RPG/Adventure) :) want to eventually have my own small company that makes commercial games for either PC or console...
profile signature has my 2 projects that ive pretty much finished :) (Puzzle Master and Iso World Editor)

ahh, that was a nice sharing experience :)
its good to tell people where you're at every now-and-then :)

later
the_moo
the_moo
Age started
18: Pascal, C, C++,
30: DirectX, Cobol

Current Age

Level of experience
Pascal/Delphi, Cobol : expert
C/C++ : intermediate/above intermediate
DirectX, Game programming : above beginner/intermediate
Age Started: 12 Started with VB

Current Age: 18 I can now program in VB C++ C# and Java

Level of Experience: Intermediate

Other: I love programming and am currently in college studying Computer Information Systems.

My JournalComputer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter. (Eric Raymond)"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes itharder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."-- Bjarne Stroustrup
Quote:Original post by Roboguy
Age Started: 10(I started C++ at this age, I started programming (in VB) at about 7 or 8)

Current Age: 13

Level of Experience: Above intermediate(In C++, more info on my experience here)

Other: Well, before I started much into programming, I was more into electronics and robotics. I'll probably go back into it, programming microcontrollers in C++. Currently working on a game engine and raytracer(for the game engine) with SDL and OpenGL.

impressive list on http://www.roboguy.net/resume.php which for sure shows that you can write... :) don't take this wrong but most 13 year old that I know of don't know a squat mathematics and so on... care to put up some of your work on the website as well?

best regards!
/ grumblings from someone twice the age (and some more) who for sure don't know anything of value...
Age started: 8 BASIC on the C64, lots of silly text adventures. 11 AMOS on the Amiga. Then when I was 15 I started programing in C on the PC using Mode 13h for the graphics. Finally got round to DX and openGL when I was about 19. Now working on PS2 and XBox.

Current Age: 25, god I feal old.
Experience: Intermediate.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement