should i get a team?

Started by
2 comments, last by raptorstrike 19 years, 4 months ago
Well im just kinda wondering if i should get a team to help me with this RPG game im making in SDL. Im leaning toward no just because it seems impractical but i could use an artist and there is alot of tedious map making and event writing and such (you know the BODY of the game ) the frame work is pretty much finished just thought id ask [smile]
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Advertisement
Honestly I can say no, because getting dedicated people is hard as well as making sure everyone codes in a way that other people can use in the future. If you get a team, I'd assume you'd be the *manager*, so you will have to handle all of the communication between everyone so they know what they are supposed to be doing and how. Over the net this is just near to impossible. Now if you could find a team of people that was near your physical location, I'd say go for it, since you can communicate face to face.
If you've never done anything like that before I would recommend that you go join someone elses team first, see how things work, take a look at how they work see what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong..

If you don't have management experience at all in your life then trying to manage a team remotely will be a very hard task and your members will probably end up leaving just because you have no leadership training or experience. Also, if yuo are looking to bring people on to do the 'tedious' work I would also reconsider, you need to give people a good reason to join and follow you and giving them a reason like 'because this work is tedious and too boring for me to do' probably doesn't inspire people all that much :)
thanks you guys you have reasured me that my disition to go alone is the right one. i still might try to get some one to do some art for me other then that though. especially since i dont have any leadership experince.
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement