Your three favourites!!!

Started by
77 comments, last by Benjamin Heath 19 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by Hedos
Wrong. I do care about other people's favorites movies. In fact, I like to read these threads and find out which movie that I have not seen might be good.

So then why can't I recommend some movies to you and discuss with you what might be interesting? What's with the rigid format?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by bishop_pass
Wrong. I do care about other people's favorites movies. In fact, I like to read these threads and find out which movie that I have not seen might be good.

So then why can't I recommend some movies to you and discuss with you what might be interesting? What's with the rigid format?

... and your problem is?

Three movies, not necessarily my favourite but what i've seen lately and didn't find bad :)

1. Black Hawk Down
2. Kill Bill I and II
3. Paycheck
4. The Last Samurai

oh no i listed 4 what will happen now...
Quote:Original post by nts
... and your problem is?

I gave you three reasons. I also stayed within the guidelines of the OP's original intent. Can't you see that?

I never said nor meant that [disturbed]
In fact, I agree with you.
I never said nor meant that [disturbed]
In fact, I agree with you.
Then I might suggest one movie (or five) and tell you why I think my suggestion/s are worthy. Or I might ask you what kind of movies you like, as opposed to what specific movies you like.

What kind of movies do you like?
1. The Ninth Gate
2. Event Horizon
3. Fight Club
4. Snatch
5. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
6. The Last Samurai
7. Seven

I really didn't like Kill Bill 1 or 2 as much as most people did. I liked Kill Bill 1 for it's action scenes of course, but that was it. There were too many corny cliches and it appealed to the mainstream. I'm not one to be swayed by a sword-weilding vixen, I'm difficult to please.
Quote:Original post by FridgeRaider
so here's the idea, someone picks a topic and we have to give are 3 favs of that topic, sound cool.

Let me pick a new topic. List your three favorite reasons for thinking that posting your three favorite movies is not conducive to a stimulating thread.

I'll start by answering my own question.
1) It doesn't foster discussion.
2) Three movies is too limiting.
3) Nobody really gives a shit what my favorite three movies are - they really only care about what their three favorite movies are.

Stop trying to hijack the thread.
Then I might suggest one movie (or five) and tell you why I think my suggestion/s are worthy. Or I might ask you what kind of movies you like, as opposed to what specific movies you like.

What kind of movies do you like?

I like spaghetti westerns but don't know of any besides Sergio Leone's movies. Maybe you know some good westerns? I also like Gunfight At OK Corral which isn't a spaghetti western. I have yet to see Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid which I hear is really good and I still haven't seen The Wild Bunch which I also hear is really good.
Quote:Original post by JesseT
1. The Ninth Gate

What did you like about that movie? The old tomes? The cerebral hunt? The unlocking of the supernatural? The puzzles?
Quote:Original post by JesseT
Stop trying to hijack the thread.
How did I hijack it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement