Poker Project - Importing text from a diff. window to be anaylsed in my program. How?

Started by
4 comments, last by Telastyn 19 years, 4 months ago
Ive started playing poker online with play money only. Basically at the end of a game players show their hands and the best one wins the play cash. Depending on the strength of their cards players will play their money is different ways. Some will raise and some will match other players raises to stay in the game and some will just quit/fold out of the game to avoid losing more money. Now what i want to make is a program to record individual players plays. For example if theres a player called bob i want to record what exact cards he is willing to bet on, how often he bluffs etc. This can be done with the information pokerroom.com gives you but i need to import this information into my program. Pokerroom.com has a main application window showing the table etc and then it has an additional window with the game history i.e. bob raises 5$ adam folds. David calls 5$ etc. I need to get this info. Unfortunately you cant highlight the text with the mouse either so maybe its not a font but graphics instead. Presuming its a font but nonhighlightable, can i import it? Any ideas or links to articles most greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
well my idea would be if its running on the web as a applet or something i would use java to communicate with the server then the game retreiving the info you need this will allow you to get the info however theres a lot of problems with that u are not always allowed to do this
I believe Windows has a screen reader API. It's main intent is to assist blind people by scanning the screen and then reading what text is there aloud. I forget the name of it and I lost my bookmarks to it.

Technically speaking, Machlana has a good idea, but I think that it might not be such a good idea legally. There may be legality issues with interfering with the network traffic, but perhaps not with screen readers since you may well be using one if you have low vision.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you have to ask this question then it's pretty obvious your project is doomed

Way to be an upstanding citizen, sir.
daerid@gmail.com
yea i mean we all gotta learn somewhere
Quote:Original post by daerid
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If you have to ask this question then it's pretty obvious your project is doomed

Way to be an upstanding citizen, sir.

And I'm sure every use of screen scapers in a multiplayer game is upstanding...

I'm not familiar with pokerroom, but the majority of pay sites store the game history in common format text file either on your drive or will email it to you upon request. You might want to look around on your machine or in their FAQs before doing more work than you need to.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement