windows xp pentium 4, technician knowcked out opengl for me

Started by
12 comments, last by vNistelrooy 19 years, 3 months ago
the last time i had a technician work on my computer, he was realy green and made my computer worse instead of fixing anything or staying that long even, when i search for openGL32.dll, it is found in the system32 folder of windowsXP in BLUE, the description and caption of openGL.dll are in all blue text instead of normal black listing text, and nothing using openGL is able to output anything but a blank screen, and when i sift through programming, the problems start at concatenating the wiggle functions (wgl functions) how do i get openGL finctionality back into my computer?
Advertisement
I never use it, but im sure the API is downloadable...

clicky

therefore just reinstall it?

ace
Blue items mean that they are compressed by windows, using some space wizard or some other crap.

Turn that off, or consult ms KB articles on how to overcome that.
Basically, the filesystem shows you that these files are there (for browsing) but physically i think they're zipped somewhere, thus unvisible to linker.
-- Lukasz SzczepanskiAssociate Producer, Gamelion Studios - Polandhttp://nestor.vg Periodic gaming and design rantings.
The windows filesystem will handle these compressed files transparently, like with old doublespace or drivespace. You should be able to use them as is without having to manually decompress them.
Quote:Original post by smr
The windows filesystem will handle these compressed files transparently, like with old doublespace or drivespace. You should be able to use them as is without having to manually decompress them.

yep

i would go with reinstalling...

ace
Is it possible the technician rolled back your video drivers to the XP defaults? A lot of those don't include proper OGL support.
I set the clouds in motion, turn up light and sound...Activate the window, and watch the world go 'round
i dont want to re install it, i have a 56 k cause dsl is a waste to me and reinstalling is a joke ace!
HAHA!

what else can i do?

ive reinstalled opengl 1.2 drivers,
i either have to buy a cable connection or a book at this point,

anything else?
how did you 'reinstalled OpenGL1.2' ?
To reinstall OpenGL you should reinstall your video card drivers
To re-install an openGL version, openGL version 1.2, possibly not matching the previous running openGL version on the opperating system im using which would be WindowsXP on an older Pentium 4,

i had a book which had openGL32.DLL in it and the openGL glu DLLs,
which ever ones those may be, and these drivers were in an installation file as the openGL sdk

from an openGL version 1.2 SDK(this)

im asking this on another forum too, mabey more suited for the situation topic, but not as visited.

ive already done this, what im talking about,
im going to do it again,
and see if it grows

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement