Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Symbol for "A Game"

Started by WildWest Jan 10, 2005 at 2:35 PM 15 replies 2.7k views
Original Post
WildWest
WildWest
Hi! I want to create a logo and want to symbolize "A Game". The only thing I can think of which symbolizes a game is "Pacman". Do you have any other ideas?
The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
bit64
bit64
A chess piece
Don't be afraid to be yourself. Nobody else ever will be.
Drew_Benton
Drew_Benton
Quote:
Original post by WildWest
Hi!

I want to create a logo and want to symbolize "A Game".
The only thing I can think of which symbolizes a game is "Pacman".
Do you have any other ideas?


If you are talking about game icons - look at Lara Croft for Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Mario, Metriod figure, Duke Nuk'em.

Is this what you are looking for? I do not understand your aims, so feel free to exaplain some more.
WildWest
WildWest
I am not looking for a game icon. I want to create a logo for a game programming website. I am not sure of the name now, but it should be somthing like "Wizard of the game" (or something else). And the logo should show (in this example) a wizard with a flashing "game" in his hands. So what is the best symbol for this?
The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
Drew_Benton
Drew_Benton
Quote:
Original post by WildWest
I am not looking for a game icon. I want to create a logo for a game programming website. I am not sure of the name now, but it should be somthing like "Wizard of the game" (or something else). And the logo should show (in this example) a wizard with a flashing "game" in his hands. So what is the best symbol for this?


OHHHH I see now - I was thinking you were saying "A Game" as in literally some generic game not that "A Game" was the title. Well to be honest there aren't that many good things you could symbolize a game with a title of "A Game" with... If anything comes to mind I'll post them here though. Good luck!

- Drew
WildWest
WildWest
Quote:
Original post by bit64
A chess piece


This kind i am looking for. Any more ideas?
The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
bit64
bit64
ya, a joystick would be good.
Instead of holding a staff, make the wizard holding a long handled joystick.
Don't be afraid to be yourself. Nobody else ever will be.
GunnerRomantic
GunnerRomantic
A symbol that depicts a physical aspect of the gaming experience would be wonderful, but equally effective would be a symbol that conveys the emotional responses we associate with gaming. Simplicity is key when getting an abstract idea across, and it allows for easier memorization, too.

Or you could just make up a spunky Naughty Dog-esque mascot and fit 'im into a circle. That works, too. ^^
>>[.G.R.]
Salsa
Salsa
Just keep it simple. A wizard clutching a game controller.
Kult House - Fresh Production Media
leiavoia
leiavoia
I vote for game controller. good idea.
Gyrthok
Gyrthok
Something like a Shadowrun Decker comes to mind, but maybe thats just because i've been playing alot of shadowrun. >.>

Eitherway, the image of a guy with a cable pluged from his head into a keyboard seems like an appropriate symbol. Course, the idea of a chess symbol with a wizards hat seems kind of cute. ;)
WildWest
WildWest
Thanks for all your ideas. I think I will go with the game controller.
But the idea of the chess pawn also looks very good.

Feel free to past when you have more ideas.
The Wild Wild West - Desperado!
mirex
mirex
race-car

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.