NeHe listen....

Started by
90 comments, last by RealityMonster 23 years, 5 months ago
Hey I was thinking.... Why not add a section on the site where visitors can contribute their own piece of knowledge about OGL. Something they have learned in their own workds. You neednt work on too much documentation because I think once a person has completed 20+ of your tutorials, he can very well understand OGL code without too much difficulty. One thing ive noticed is that when a person has just learned something, i can get clearer information from him than froma veteran author. So this could be more like a community contributing to the site rather than just one person toiling for everone else. People could post their own tuturials no matter how obfuscated their code is because they know how its done and I dont so it helps me(sentences are getting kinda funny ) I guess I might see a lot of tutorials on lightmaps and model loading and stuff in this approach. just a thought. been visiting this site nearly everyday for a few months and this site has a great knowledgeable community that can contribte a lot. getting too long <<''\0''
Advertisement
Great Ideia

Bruno
why not, letz create an index, where we sort all the knowledge about opengl. and everyone could put in his little (or bigger) part

from A like antialiasing
to Z like Z-Buffer

with math-stuff included, like matrices and so
on the other side, also rendering-theories like bsp, adaptive z-buffer-tree, portals, quad/ocrtee and and and

hm, why not

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

just what i was thinkin abt
but i guess nehe has to do something with the site to enable that kind of interaction
Yes it would be a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:Original post by RealityMonster

just what i was thinkin abt
but i guess nehe has to do something with the site to enable that kind of interaction

not necessarily...theres already a forum, so if a few threads are started specificly for people to post this stuff they''ve learned it could be done. Anyone any idea how long posts here are archived here for? or a max size?

the other possibility would be to use the forum and then nehe (or someone else if he''s busy) could collate the best stuff every month or so and organize it on a web page.

voting system for how helpful each bit of info was would be cool too (like slashdot.org ratings) but wouldn''t work with the above system.

Bangin'' idea RealityMonster!

[size="1"]
Great Idea!!!!!

That would be a great oppurtunity for everyone, the Veterans here get to show off their work and the Newbies, such as myself, get to learn from the Masters. I really think you should do this NeHe.

-Cecil
the forum isn''t the right place, because just often wached treaths are at top, and the others are going to be forgotten

and in the forum you cant search a specifiec treath by a textbox, wich could help alot

i think about writeing a cgi my own, where we could realyze this, shouldn''t be a big problem (just you have to register you by my "index", again.. i''m not hosting at gamedev)

when there are a lot of people thinking, i have to do it, then say it. i want 100 replies, then i''ll do it no, but, when you are interested, i will do it

it would be hosted then on starcraft3d.net (subdomain-name like opengl.starcraft3d.net or another.. what you want)

just reply

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Yeahhh man !

Great Idea

Lightmaps and Dynamic lights blending has it''s place.
Nehe is not short code it could be even easier for
novice people...
Good idea !
This would increase very much the involving of the visitors and the newbies programmer.
I think it will be very interesting also for wizard programmers, cause good ideas can come from everybody not only form experts

//-------------
Making Funny Garbage Codes on
http://members.xoom.it/NinjaCross
//-------------A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting.http://members.xoom.it/NinjaCross

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement