'Track this topic' as a post option

Started by
5 comments, last by Pipo DeClown 19 years, 2 months ago
Just a small suggestion here. How about a tick box in the post form that makes the poster add the topic as a bookmark? I mean, we have the "notify by email", but that is only for topics and probably overkill in this case.
¨@_
Advertisement
One thing you can do is when ur viewing the topics withing the forum, just click and hold on a link then drag it to the desktop to make a shortcut.

ace
Quote:Original post by ace_lovegrove
One thing you can do is when ur viewing the topics withing the forum, just click and hold on a link then drag it to the desktop to make a shortcut.

Assuming that your browser and desktop environment support this functionality. In any case, the OP presumably doesn't want links littering his desktop. For what it's worth, I think it's a good idea.
Dude, if you use Firefox, you can WRITE AN EXTENSION to replace the 'Track this topic' part with a checkbox, which controls tracking without visiting the Bookmarks page.

It's interesting how Firefox can change a website, just look at C-Junkie's extension for easing posting at GDNet. Just wonderful!
If you click the "Track this Topic" button on your screen (just above the top blue bar that has the topic title), you can build up a handy list of bookmarks. Just click the bookmarks button on the GDNet toolbar.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

I know, I just want it as a post option - it saves me a couple of clicks and some waiting time.
¨@_
I've written a Firefox extension for this now, check it out!!
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=297674

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement