Hasbro - ha HA!

Started by
54 comments, last by GameDev.net 23 years, 3 months ago
Get a load of that article (on the home page) about Hasbro stealing Spirit Wars from another software company. I hope they get the royal smack-down. Statutory damages for copyright and trademark infringement can really be big!
Advertisement
Gee, I wonder if a press release written by Kellogg Creek would be biased?

What goes around comes around.

Andre is suing Hasbro too for anti-trust!

Looks like Hasbro operates their business very intelligently!!! ha ha!
Press release biased? Well, I have to admit that we didn''t write it to tell what Hasbro''s defense and/or justification is (or might be).

But the bottom line is that I hold a legally registered trademark for SpiritWars(R). Original application was made well over two years ago - way before the game was even released. Using "The Spirit Wars" (TM) is a clear violation. (Do you think you could get away with "The Coca Cola" as a new trademark?)

All I''m asking is for the same legal protection that Hasbro obviously has enjoyed in the past. How do you think they would be reacting if I had "accidentally" used one of their trademarks for a game I was preparing to release?
Didn''t mean to make that last post anymous.

Randy Chase
Kellogg Creek Software, Inc.
Randy ChaseKellogg Creek Software, Inc.
My unbiased opinion:

Hasbro must DIE!!!
Hey look at this page that I found on Hasbro''s WoTC site...

http://www.wizards.com/contactinfo/Legal.asp
Personally, I really like that heading for the page.

"Can You Spell I N F R I N G E M E N T ?"

I''m starting to get some email now from fans of the Wizards product; and some of them are upset that I''m "greedy" enough to sue Wizards. My standard answer is to calmly ask them what Hasbro would be doing if I were foolish enough to try to release a game using one of _their_ registered trademarks as a title? Seems to me that I''m only asking for the same legal rights and protection that Hasbro has enjoyed to the maximum in the past.
Randy ChaseKellogg Creek Software, Inc.
Those same people that emailed you should also be questioning Hasbro as to why THEY were so greedy as to go after smaller developers when no trademaks were even infringed. Down with the Man!

---------------------------
"Until next time, boobie. Push the button, Frank."
---------------------------Now, there's your crap post.
Can someone please explain to me how this lawsuit will be different
than the current Hasbro lawsuit? Afterall, Hasbro is the one with
the deep pockets in both cases. It seems they can do anything they
want.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement