Original Post
I'm new to gamedev.net just to let you know. I am 16 with great knowledge in VBasic, and adequate in C/C++. I also have good knowledge in 3ds max. I started to learn programming and 2d/3d design at 13. I'm working on a driving game that contains computer vehicles and pedestrians. It's been a 3-month project. So far I made the small level and a character that moves. I also made pedestrians but they're walking all over (Sidewalks, roads, fields, and even off the map), and they only go forward. I want to know how can I make computer vehicles follow lane directions and pedestrians stay on sidewalks. I also want to know how to make cars choose if they want to choose to turn left, right, or continue to go straight. If I haven't made myself clear on anything, please ask so I can clearify it. (Edit: Subject used to be "Vehicle and Pedestrian AI". "Traffic and Pedestrain AI" seems more of a better subject for this topic.) [Edited by - 3dagreez on February 1, 2005 9:49:12 PM]