"Check here to include your profile signature." isn't retained when editing posts

Started by
5 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 19 years, 3 months ago
Hi, Had a quick browse of the forums to see if this had already been raised - either I'm stupid and can't see it, no one's mentioned it, or it's something I've screwed up [smile]. When I go back to edit my posts (I often do this to add in clicky URL's) the "Check here to include your profile signature." box at the bottom is always unchecked, even if I originally checked the box. Not a major problem by any means, but I've taken to using my signiture lately - and I occasionally forget to re-check the box when I edit my posts. Means I have to go back in and edit/re-check/apply again. Is this a general issue with the forum? or have I missed a setting in my control panel somewhere? Cheers, Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Advertisement
Nope, it's what the forum does.
I'd rather have the option to force that box to be ticked by default. I think it was to deter people from having tall signatures from breaking up the view of the page.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Nope, it's what the forum does.

Okay, so I'm not going mad [smile]. If there's any staff/mods watching this: Any chance of getting it changed/fixed?

Quote:I think it was to deter people from having tall signatures from breaking up the view of the page.

Isn't that what the control panel option of "show signitures" is for:
Quote:View Signatures in Posts?
Set this to "No" if you don't want to view users signatures in posts.

Cheers,
Jack

Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
Is this a general issue with the forum? or have I missed a setting in my control panel somewhere?

This was asked sometime in the past, and I believe was refused for some reason (that I wasn't quite convinced with [smile]). In fact I no longer use a sig because of this (Perhaps that was the motivation behind the move).

If there's any staff/mods watching this:
At least one member of the staff (me) sees everything posted here. But I really don't make software changes anymore. Not because I'm incapable of doing so, but because it's not my area of responsibility, and I've got plenty of other things to occupy my time (and even if it's a simple 30 second fix, that's 30 seconds I could spend on something else). There are several people responsible for software, but they seem to be too swamped to fix things lately...
Quote:Original post by Myopic Rhino
If there's any staff/mods watching this:
At least one member of the staff (me) sees everything posted here. But I really don't make software changes anymore. Not because I'm incapable of doing so, but because it's not my area of responsibility, and I've got plenty of other things to occupy my time (and even if it's a simple 30 second fix, that's 30 seconds I could spend on something else). There are several people responsible for software, but they seem to be too swamped to fix things lately...

Ok then - fair enough [smile]. Thanks for the reply..

Do the software people maintain a list of "todo" or a feature wishlist at all? Doesn't surprise me this sort of thing is low priority - but if it could make it into the software at some point in the future that'd be good!

Quote:In fact I no longer use a sig because of this

I never used to bother due to being lazy... but in light of recent developments (re:f1cm) I fancied sticking a sig on my post [grin]. Suppose it aint the end of the world if I miss it out from time to time.

Cheers,
Jack

It used to save this. Dave changed it intentionally and I'm okay with having to force people to click the checkbox quite honestly.

---
Michael Tanczos

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement